email: roadarch@outlook.com

Texas Mid-Century Modern Churches (page 4)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Immaculate Conception Church
Liberty, TX
Temple Beth-El
Odessa, TX
The Immaculate Conception Church was built in 1967. [map]

The Temple Beth-El was built in 1961. [map]

Lutheran Church of the Risen Lord
Odessa, TX
I believe the Lutheran Church of the Risen Lord in 1957. [map]

First Baptist Church
Olney, TX
The First Baptist Church appears to be from the 1960s. There was an undulating canopy which extended from the building next door and in front of the church itself. It was removed sometime after 2013. [map]

Trinity Lutheran Church
Orange, TX
The Trinity Lutheran Church was designed by Gale Cook and built in 1962. It became the Trinity Baptist Church around 2016. [map]

Orange Church of God
Orange, TX
The Orange Church of God appears to be from the 1960s. [map]

CrossRoads Community Church
San Antonio, TX
The CrossRoads Community Church moved to this building in 1978. The building was probably built in the 1960s. [map]

Asbury United Methodist Church
San Antonio, TX
The Asbury United Methodist Church appears to be from the 1960s. [map]

University Park Baptist Church
San Antonio, TX
St. Timothy Catholic Church
San Antonio, TX
The University Park Baptist Church was built in 1962. [map]

The St. Timothy Catholic Church was built in 1971. [map]

Key Memorial United Methodist Church
Sherman, TX
The Key Memorial United Methodist Church was built in 1960. This was the original occupant. The church vacated the building in 2015. Since 2017, the church has been offering the "Hope on Houston" outreach program on the property. [map]

First Lutheran Church
Texarkana, TX
This First Lutheran Church was designed by Ollie N. Bell and dedicated in 1965. [map]

First Church of Christ Scientist
Victoria, TX
The First Church of Christ Scientist was designed by Milton A. Ryan and built in 1952. For more, see this website. [map]

Congregation Rodef Sholom
Waco, TX
The Congregation Rodef Sholom was designed by Mackie & Kamrath and built in 1961. [map]