email: roadarch@outlook.com

Texas Mid-Century Modern Churches (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

First United Methodist Church
Childress, TX
United Christian Presbyterian Church
Coleman, TX
This First United Methodist Church was built in 1965. [map]

This United Christian Presbyterian Church was built in 1962 as the First Christian Church. [map]

First United Methodist Church
Cooper, TX
The First United Methodist Church appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

Providence Reformed Episcopal Church
Corpus Christi, TX
The Providence Reformed Episcopal Church was built in 1965 as a First Lutheran Church. It was designed by Travis Broesche. For more, see this website. [map]

First Christian Church
Corpus Christi, TX
This First Christian Church was designed by McCord & Lorenz and built from 1965-1967. For more, see this website. [map]

Quiet Time Ministries
Corpus Christi, TX
Horeb Baptist Church
Corpus Christi, TX
The Quiet Time Ministries was built in 1960 as the Clifford Jackson Funeral Home. It began housing the church in 2002. [map]

The Horeb Baptist Church was built in 1970. This photo is from 2018. By 2019, the building had been painted gray. [map]

Parkway Presbyterian Church
Corpus Christi, TX
The Parkway Presbyterian Church was built in 1967. [map]

Minor Seminary
Corpus Christi, TX
The Minor Seminary was designed by Wayne, Gibson & Martin and built in 1960. It closed in the 1980s. Since 2006, the campus has housed St. John Paul II High School. For more, see this website. [map]

First Christian Church
Denton, TX
The First Christian Church was designed by O'Neill Ford and built in 1959. The building features a concrete, hyperbolic paraboloid roof. For more, see this website. [map]

Denton Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
Denton, TX
The Denton Unitarian Universalist Fellowship church was built in 1959. The church was designed by Thomas Polk Miller and Isabel Mount Miller. The roof is a double cantilever design. The interior features moveable partitions and folding doors. The glazed ceramic tiles depict symbols of various religions. They were created by Robert and Paula Winokur. In 2015, the building was badly damaged by an arson fire. It has been restored. [map]