email: roadarch@outlook.com

Texas Mid-Century Modern Office Buildings (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Serenity Foundation of Texas
Abilene, TX
The Serenity Foundation of Texas office was built in 1959. [map]

Amarillo City Hall
Amarillo, TX
Amarillo City Hall was designed by Earl Parge and built in 1966. [map]

former Siemens Building
Arlington, TX
The Siemens Building was built in 1957. The building now houses A.F. Technologies. I.M. Pei and Felix Candela were consultants in the design of this building. [map]

former City National Bank & Parking Garage
Austin, TX
J.J. Jake Pickle
Federal Building
Austin, TX
The former City National Bank (first photo) was built in 1965. The building later housed an IBC Bank. The sequential arches under the building were used for motor bank lanes. The second photo shows the City National Parking Garage which is a block away from the bank. It was built at the same time or by 1968. For more, see this website. [bank map]; [garage map]

The J.J. Jake Pickle Federal Building was built in 1965. [map]

AT&T Building
Austin, TX
This AT&T Building was built in 1928 for Southwestern Bell. It got this mid-century modern makeover in 1970. [map]

Homer Thornberry Judicial Building
Austin, TX
The Homer Thornberry Judicial Building was built in 1965 as a post office. [map]

Thomas Jefferson Rusk State Office Building
Austin, TX
The Thomas Jefferson Rusk State Office Building was designed by Brooks, Barr, Graeber, White & Partners. It was built in 1975. [map]

Matagorda County Courthouse
Bay City, TX
The Matagorda County Courthouse was designed by Rustay, Martin, & Vale and built in 1965. For more, see this website. [map]

Otho Plummer Administration Building
Beaumont, TX
The Otho Plummer Administration Building is located at Lamar University. It was designed by Stone & Pitts and built in 1959. It was originally known as the Lamar State College Administration Building. [map]

First City Building
Beaumont, TX
The First City Building was built in 1962. It originally housed the First City Bank. The cast concrete screen reflects the sun and saves on cooling costs. [map]