email: roadarch@outlook.com

Florida Mid-Century Modern Churches (page 4)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Temple Beth Sholom
Miami Beach, FL
Temple Beth Shmuel
Miami Beach, FL
Temple House
Miami Beach, FL
Temple Beth Sholom was designed by Percival Goodman and built in 1956. The dome was originally painted a rusty brown. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Temple Beth Shmuel was designed by Oscar Sklar and built from 1982-1984. It houses the Cuban Hebrew Congregation of Miami. For more, see this website. [map]

The Temple House was designed by L. Murray Dixon and built in 1933. Around 1965, the building was expanded and remodeled for Knesseth Israel. The architect was Lester Avery. In 2003, the building began housing Temple House, a residence and event space. The tiled entrance was either painted over or the removed then. For more, see this website. [map]

Beth Israel Congregation
Miami Beach, FL
The Beth Israel Congregation moved to this building in 1964. It was supposedly built before that. [map]

Temple Menorah
Miami Beach, FL
The Temple Menorah was designed by Gilbert Fein and built in 1951 as the North Shore Jewish Center. In 1963, the temple was expanded with a design by Morris Lapidus. The additions included the tower and other features shown here. For more, see this website. [map]

Miami Springs Baptist Church
Miami Springs, FL
The Miami Springs Baptist Church was built in 1965. [map]

Our Lady of Florida Passionist Monastery & Retreat House
North Palm Beach, FL
The Our Lady of Florida Passionist Monastery & Retreat House was designed by Paul Damaz and Brother Cajetan Baumann and opened in 1962. It is now known as the Our Lady of Florida Spiritual Center. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Christ the King Episcopal Church
Orlando, FL
The Christ the King Episcopal Church was designed by Nils Schweizer and built in 1961. For more, see this website. [map]

Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church
Orlando, FL
The Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church was built from 1969-1970. [map]

Conway Presbyterian Church
Orlando, FL
The Conway Presbyterian Church was built in 1967. It now houses Igreja Nova Esperanca. [map]

Crossbridge Church
Pinecrest, FL
The Crossbridge Church appears to be from the 1960s. [map]

Riviera Beach:
former First Methodist Church [map]

Bee Ridge Presbyterian Church
Sarasota, FL
The Bee Ridge Presbyterian Church was designed by Victor Lundy and completed in 1958. [map]

St. Paul's Lutheran Church
Sarasota, FL
St. Paul's Lutheran Church was designed by Victor Lundy and built in 1959. This building shown in the top two rows above was used as the main church until the Sanctuary next door (bottom two rows) was built in 1969. The first building is now used as the Fellowship Hall. The Sanctuary was also designed by Lundy. For more, see this website. [map]

FL Churches
(page 1)
FL Churches
(page 2)
FL Churches
(page 3)
FL Churches
(page 5)
FL Banks FL Dairy Stores FL Domes FL Educational FL Motels
FL Offices FL Residential FL Retail FL Roofs FL Misc.

Mid-Century Modern Buildings
Main Page