email: roadarch@outlook.com

Idaho Signs (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Forester's Club
McCall, ID
Corner Club
Moscow, ID
The Forester's Club opened in 1948. This sign might be from then. For more, see this website. [map]

The Corner Club opened in the 1940s. This sign appears to be from then. For , see this website. [map]

McCammon Signs:
unidentified motel [gone]

Meridian Signs:
Hungry Onion Drive-in

Hilander Motel
Mountain Home, ID
Farmers Insurance Group [gone]
Mountain Home, ID
Sav-Mor Drug
Mountain Home, ID
The Hilander Motel was built in the 1950s or early 1960s. This sign appears to be from then. For more, see this website. [map]

This Farmers Insurance Group sign was installed at Sanders Agency when this photo was taken in 2008. By 2014, the business and sign were gone. There is a similar sign in Alameda, CA. There was also one in San Bruno, CA which is gone now.

Sav-Mor Drug opened in 1961. This sign appears to be from then. For more, see this website. [map]

Jovial Jerry's Lounge
Mountain Home, ID
Mountain Home News
Mountain Home, ID
Jovial Jerry's Lounge opened at this location in 1963 and the sign is from then. [map]

The Mountain Home News sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

More Mountain Home Signs:
Hammer Plumbing
Thunderbird Motel

Nampa Signs:
Nampa Rollerdrome

New Plymouth Signs:
The Club

Orofino Signs:
Clearwater Club

Osburn Club
Osburn, ID
Zanetti Brothers
Osburn, ID
City Cleaners
Payette, ID
The Osburn Club sign is probably from the 1950s. It was repainted just before this photo was taken in 2022. There was previously a triangular shaped bulb arrow. The bottom panel may have read Cafe originally. [map]

The Zanetti Brothers began offering construction services in 1935. In 1950, the company added a sand and gravel division. In 1956, Zanetti began selling premix concrete. That might be when this sign was built. For more, see this website. [map]

The City Cleaners sign appears to be from the 1950s or earlier. For more, see this website. [map]

Potlatch Signs:
Carter's Log Inn [map]

Preston Signs:
Pop 'n Pin Lanes

Rigby Signs:
Rigby Bowl [gone]
Subway Club [map]

Henry's Drift Inn
Rupert, ID
Connie's Cafe
Sandpoint, ID
Wyant's
Manhattan Cafe
Shoshone, ID
Henry's Drift Inn opened in 1963 as the Drift Inn. This sign appears to be from then. Later, the name was changed to Henry's Drift Inn. Around 2009, the "Lounge" text on the sign was changed to "Henry's." For more, see this website. [map]

Connie's Cafe opened in 1953 as Fred's Diner. It became Connie's in 1955. This sign may have been built then. The neon was removed around 2019 and the sign was repainted. It has been different colors over the years. For more, see this website. [map]

Wyant's Manhattan Cafe was built in 1890 as the Opera House Cafe or the Chinaman's Cafe. It's not known when it became the Manhattan Cafe. Much of the building was destroyed in a fire and the cafe reopened in 1961. This sign may be from then. For more, see this website. [map]

Lantern Bar
Salmon, ID
Caribou Motel
Soda Springs, ID
JR Inn
Soda Springs, ID
Stockman's Bar & Grill
Soda Springs, ID
The Lantern Bar opened in 1965. This sign appears to be from then. [map]

The Caribou Motel sign is probably from the 1960s. This photo is from 2014. By 2019, the plastic panel had been replaced with a flat, modern panel. [map]

The JR Inn sign appears to be from the 1960s. [map]

The Stockman's Bar & Grill plastic box sign is topped with this neon star. It was probably built in the 1960s. It probably had a flashing mechanism. For more, see this website. [map]

Sandpoint Signs:
Dub's Drive-in

More Soda Springs Signs:
Enders Hotel

Spanish Fork Signs:
former Arctic Circle [vintage; gone]

Stinker
Twin Falls, ID
This Stinker convenience store sign is also located at a Sinclair station. The sign might be from the 1950s. The plastic sign installed on the convenience store roof is probably from the 1960s. [map]

Holiday Motel
Twin Falls, ID
El Rancho Motel
Twin Falls, ID
The Holiday Motel sign appears to be from the 1960s. [map]

The El Rancho Motel signs are probably from the 1950s and/or 1960s. By 2018, the neon on the pole sign had been removed and the remaining balls were gone. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Branding Iron Motel
Twin Falls, ID
Wagon Wheel Motel
Twin Falls, ID
The Branding Iron Motel sign is probably from the 1950s. The arrow and letters above may have been added in the 1960s. For more, see this website. [map]

The Wagon Wheel Motel has been closed for many years. This sign is probably from the 1950s. [map]

Lytle Signs
Twin Falls, ID
2014: 2022:
Lytle Signs was established in 1948. This sign was probably from the 1950s or 1960s. By 2016, this location had closed. The sign is now installed behind the new shop. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2.

Arctic Circle
Twin Falls, ID
The Arctic Circle is a Utah-based regional fast food chain. Founded in Salt Lake City in 1941, there are now about 75 locations. I don't know of any other locations that have neon signs. This sign was built in 1961. It may have been unique. When the restaurant moved in the late 1990s, this sign was installed on the new building. For more, see this website. [map]

More Twin Falls Signs:
Depot Grill
Bowladrome
Magic Bowl
Mountain Dairies [gone]
Turf Club

Hall Hotel
Wallace, ID
Hardware
Building
Maintenance
Wallace, ID
Oasis Rooms
Wallace, ID
Wallace
Corner Company
Wallace, ID
Elks Lodge
Wallace, ID
The Hall Hotel with its dual service ladders might be from the late 1920s or 1930s. Neon was added back to the sign sometime after 2016. For more, see this website. [map]

Hardware Building Maintenance and Supply opened in 1913. This sign might be from the 1930s or 1940s. [map]

The Oasis Rooms opened in 1895 as a hotel and saloon. It was known as the Oasis by 1952. The hotel operated as brothel which closed in 1988. The building now houses the Oasis Bordello Museum. This sign which had been stored inside was put on display in front around 2016. It is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

The Wallace Corner Hotel was built in 1890. This sign for the Wallace Corner Company was there by the 1950s. The ground floor operated as a lounge and possibly a gift shop. I don't know if the sign originally advertised for the hotel. The sign had been missing its neon since at least 2008. Around 2015, the sign was reworked to read Wallace Corner Hotel with a different font style. This photo is from 2022. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

This Elks Lodge sign might be from the 1950s. [map]

Stardust Motel
Wallace, ID
Stein Bar
Wallace, ID
Metals Bar
Wallace, ID
The Stardust Motel was built in 1962 and this sign appears to be from then. The sign is animated. For more, see this website. [map]

The Stein Bar sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

The Metals Bar was originally known as the Metals Club. This sign was recreated in 2022 from a 1946 photo when the bar was located down the street at the Samuels Hotel. The sign was fabricated and then painted by Zack Rockstad in Seattle. The neon was added by Baldwin Signs in Spokane. [map]

More Wallace Signs:
Albi's Bar

Beehive Family Restaurant [gone]
Weiser, ID
The Beehive Family Restaurant sign is probably from the 1950s. The sign had neon originally. By 2018, the restaurant and sign were gone.

More Idaho Signs:
Rexall Drug Stores (various cities)
various theatres (various cities)

Idaho Signs
page 1
Idaho Signs
page 2
Boise Signs Pocatello Signs Main Signs Page