email: roadarch@outlook.com

Arizona Signs (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Farmers Insurance
Safford, AZ
H.A. Waters Shoe Store [gone]
Safford, AZ
This Farmers Insurance sign is one of only a handful left that were used all across the country. [map]

The H.A. Waters Shoe Store was established in 1915. It moved to this location in 1921. It was also known as the Lightning Shoe Shop. The store began selling Red Goose shoes around 1937. These Red Goose Shoes signs were mass-produced but they are very rare now. The shoe store closed in 2016 and this sign was removed then.

Stagecoach
66 Motel
Seligman, AZ
Copper Cart Restaurant
Seligman, AZ
Supai Motel
Seligman, AZ
The Stagecoach 66 Motel sign was built in the 1960s. It originally advertised for the Bil-Mar-Den Motel. For more, see this website. [map]

The Copper Cart Restaurant opened in 1950. The pole sign was repainted around 2009. These photos are from 2012. [map]

The Supai Motel opened in 1952. The sign was restored around 2006. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Thunderbird Motel
Show Low, AZ
Larian Motel
Tombstone, AZ
Frontier Motel & Cafe
Truxton, AZ
The Thunderbird Motel was built in 1961. This sign appears to be from then. For more, see this website. [map]

The Larian Motel was built in 1957. The neon sign may be from then. The wooden cowboy hat sign below it is obviously more recent. [map]

The Frontier Motel & Cafe opened in 1952 and this sign is probably from then. The sign was restored in 2002. For more, see this website. [map]

Red Feather Lodge
Tusayan, AZ
La Siesta Plaza
Wickenburg, AZ
The Red Feather Lodge was built in 1963 and this sign appears to be from then. For more, see this website. [map]

The La Siesta Plaza sign originally advertised for the La Siesta Motel. The sign was previously painted orange and there was a seated, snoozing Mexican man detail resting on the message board. The motel was demolished in 2001. The shopping center opened around 2006 and the sign was adapted then. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Old Smoky's
Pancake House [gone]
Williams, AZ
Turquoise Tepee
Williams, AZ
Sultana Bar
Williams, AZ
Old Smoky's Pancake House opened in 1946. This photo is from 2006. By 2012, the restaurant had closed and this sign was gone.

The Turquoise Tepee sells Native American jewelry and souvenirs. The sign might be from the 1960s or 1970s. For more, see this website. [map]

The Sultana Saloon was established in 1906. This sign is probably from the 1950s. [map]

former Gateway Motel
Williams, AZ
The Gateway Motel opened in 1936. The sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. The first photo above is from 2006. Around 2009, the sign was reworked to read Gateway Plaza. The second photo is from 2012. The motel's office is now used as a coffee shop. For more, see this website. [map]

El Rancho Motel
Williams, AZ
The El Rancho Motel opened in 1956. This sign is probably from then. [map]

Rod's Steak House
Williams, AZ
Rod's Steak House opened in 1946. The rooftop sign might be from then or shortly thereafter. The steer depicted on the signs is the restaurant's mascot, Domino. For more, see this website. [map]

Highlander Motel
Williams, AZ
Twisters 50's Soda Fountain
Williams, AZ
The Highlander Motel was built in 1950. This sign is probably from 1954. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Twisters 50's Soda Fountain opened around 2005. This sign is from then. [map]

Arizona
(page 1)
Arizona
(page 2)
Arizona
(page 4)
Mesa Phoenix Tucson

Main Signs Page