email: roadarch@outlook.com

Minnesota Signs (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Legion Club
Marshall, MN
The Legion Club sign appears to be from the 1940s or 1950s. [map]

More Marshall Signs:
Hotel Marshall [gone]
Marcotte Jewelry

Mobil sign [gone]
Medina, MN
Sportsmen's Cafe Drive-in
Mora, MN
This Mobil sign was installed at a modern Mobil station. It was purchased in 1982 from a closed Exxon station in Broadus, MT and installed here. The sign was about 15 feet wide. When the station changed brands in 2016, the sign was removed. For more, see this website.

The Sportsmen's Cafe Drive-in sign appears to be from the 1950s. For more this website. [map]

Mendota Signs:
Lucky's Pub

Montgomery Signs:
Monty Hotel and Bar [gone]

Moorhead Signs:
Bottle Barn [gone]

Morey's Seafood Market
Motley, MN
George's Ballroom
New Ulm, MN
This rooftop sign at Morey's Seafood Market appears to be from the 1950s. [map]

George's Ballroom was built in 1947. It closed in 1991 and is only open now for special events. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

More New Ulm Signs:
Herberger's

New York Mills Signs:
Chevrolet [map]

Hoff's Bar [gone]
Owatonna, MN
The first Hoff's Bar sign shown above might be from the 1940s. The others might be from the 1950s or 1960s. The signs were still there in 2019 but gone by 2020.

Heinz Insurance Agency
Owatonna, MN
Costas' Candies
& Restaurant
Owatonna, MN
Delaney Sports Center
Park Rapids, MN
The Heinz Insurance Agency was established in 1941. This sign is probably from the 1950s. [map]

Costas' Candies & Restaurant was founded in 1919. This sign might be from the 1950s. For more, see this website. [map]

The Delaney Sports Center sign is probably from the 1950s. The fish part of the sign was added in the 1970s. The sign is lit at night. For more, see this website. [map]

More Park Rapids Signs:
Wimpy's Cafe [gone]

Pelican Motel
Pelican Rapids, MN
Gail Motel
Pine City, MN
Liquor
Lounge [gone?]
Renville, MN
The Pelican Motel sign appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s. It is lit at night. For more, see this website. [map]

The Gail Motel has been around since at least the 1950s. The sign appears to be from then as well. The piece with the girl might have been a later replacement or addition to the sign. [map]

The Liquor Lounge sign is located at Billy's Bar. However, the sign was for sale in 2011 so it is probably gone now.

More Pine City Signs:
Nicoll's Cafe [map]

Redwood Falls Signs:
Liquor Lodge

Gingerbread
House [gone]
Rochester, MN
Palmer House Hotel
Sauk Centre, MN
The Gingerbread House bakery opened around 1951. I have no idea how old this sign was. This photo is from 2008. The sign was still there in 2012. The bakery is still there but the sign was removed by 2015.

The Palmer House Hotel was built in 1901. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The hotel and Cafe signs are probably from the 1920s. [map]

More Rochester Signs:
Recreation Lanes [gone]

Anderson Homes [gone]
Sebeka, MN
Arnie's Bar
Shakopee, MN
Anderson Homes was established in 1950 as Anderson Trailer Sales. In 1960, the name was changed to Anderson Homes. I believe this sign is from then. Roger Miller's song "King of the Road" came out in 1964. The crown piece was probably added to the sign after that. By 2018, all of the neon had been replaced with backlit plastic. [map]

Arnie's Bar's Schmidt's City Club Beer sign appears to be from the 1930s or from the 1950s in the Art Deco style. These signs were mass-produced. There is another one in Shafer, MN. This beer was produced from 1936-1954. This sign is lit at night. For more, see this website. [map]

Slayton Signs:
Slayton Drugs

Staples Signs:
Longbella Drug
Spot Cafe [map]

Val's Rapid Service
St. Cloud, MN
Masonic Lodge
Stillwater, MN
Schmidt's Bakery
St. James, MN
The Val's Rapid Service sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. It obviously had neon originally. [map]

This Masonic Lodge sign appears to be made of glass. [map]

Schmidt's Bakery was established in 1923. The company moved to this location in 1953. This sign appears to be from the original location. [map]

More St. Cloud Signs:
Dutch Maid Bakery [gone]
St. Cloud Glass [gone]

More Stillwater Signs:
Sherburne's Jewelers [gone]

St. James Signs:
Sward-Kemp Drugs

MN Signs
page 1
MN Signs
page 2
MN Signs
page 4
Minneapolis St. Paul
Main Signs Page