email: roadarch@outlook.com

Oklahoma Signs (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Mr. B's Drive-in
Chouteau, OK
Monterey Motel
Chouteau, OK
Hitchin' Post Cafe
Welch, OK
Mr. B's Drive-in is gone but this sign remains. [map]

The Monterey Motel is across the street from Mr. B's Drive-in. The businesses might have had the same owner. Both signs are topped with C-152 Lectras which were marketed and distributed by Standard Neon. The signs were designed and produced by Jim Henry of Oklahoma Neon in Tulsa, OK. They were outlined with flashing bulbs. There are more examples of these signs at this page. In 2016, the new owner of the Monterey Motel announced plans to restore the sign. The sign has been removed. [map]

The Hitchin' Post Cafe sign is topped with a Neo-Lectra Jr. For more, see this website. [map]

Judy Ann's Restaurant
Cleveland, OK
Round-up Motel [gone]
Claremore, OK
The Judy Ann's Restaurant sign is topped with a C-152 Lectra like those shown above. [map]

There was another C-152 in Claremore, OK.

The Round-up Motel is gone and this sign is now part of a private collection. For more, see this website. [photo thanks Glenda Campbell]

McLain Rogers Park
Clinton, OK
Cook's Flowers
Drumright, OK
Ranger Motel
El Reno, OK
McLain Rogers Park was built from 1934-1937. This is the original sign and entrance gate. For more, see this website. [map]

Cook's Flowers was established in 1949. This sign is probably from then. [map]

The Ranger Motel sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. Vintage photos show that this sign has always been a combination of plastic and neon. However, there were two other neon signs which preceded it. [map]

More Clinton:
Rio Siesta Motel: 1, 2 [gone]

Coyle:
Borden's Ice Cream [vintage; gone]

Crescent:
Hoods Drugs [map]

Duncan:
Cordell Studio

Elk City:
Flamingo Motel [gone; vintage]

More El Reno:
Jobe's Charcoalburger [gone]

Enid:
Lip-So Aluminum Awning Co.
Charburg [vintage; gone]

Fairview:
Jensen's of Fairview

Gage:
Lakeside Motel [gone]

Granite:
Kaiser Frazer [map]

American Legion
Guthrie, OK
O'Daniel's Jewelry
McAlester, OK
This American Legion post was established in 1957 and this sign is most likely from then. Patched holes indicate that the sign had neon originally. This photo is from 2011. The sign was repainted by 2012. [map]

O'Daniel's Jewelry was established in 1934. This sign is probably from the 1950s. [map]

Healdton:
Bethel Baptist Church [map]

Krebs:
Isle of Capri [map]

Lawton:
Dana Forgy Motors [gone]

Miami:
Cherokee Motel [vintage; gone]

Planet Bowl
Midwest City, OK
Lockheed
Shopping Center [gone]
Midwest City, OK
McEntee's Diamonds
Muskogee, OK
Planet Bowl has been here since 1960. For more, see this website. [map]

The Lockheed Shopping Center sign originally had a revolving white beacon light on top. In 2008, the sign was hit by a truck. In 2009, the sign was removed.

McEntee's Diamonds was founded in 1905 and closed in the late 1980s. The sign was restored in 2009 by the building's new owner. There was an identical sign in Tulsa. For more, see this website. [map]

Roy McGraw Used Cars
Muskogee, OK
Lakeland Shopping Center
Muskogee, OK
Muskogee Hotel
Muskogee, OK
Roy McGraw Used Cars has been around since 1954. This sign appears to be from then. [map]

The Lakeland Shopping Center and sign appear to be from the 1950s or 1960s. The top part of the sign is now missing. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

The Muskogee Hotel has been abandoned for many years but this sign remains. [map]

H.E. Ketchum Lumber [gone]
Muskogee, OK
Gaddy Drug
Muskogee, OK
H.E. Ketchum Lumber was established in 1907 and moved to this location around 1920. When the owners moved again in 1985, this sign was left behind. This photo is from 2011. The sign was still there in 2012 but gone by 2016.

Gaddy Drug was founded in 1949. This appears to be either a refurbished or replica sign. [map]

More Muskogee:
Mac's Drive Inn [map]

Newcastle:
Newcastle Liquor [map]

Norman:
Star Skate

Richardson Fuel Company [gone]
Nowata, OK
Silver
Saddle Motel
Nowata, OK
Ranch Burger
Pawnee, OK
The Richardson Fuel Company was later known as Burns Propane Company. This photo is from 2011. The sign was still there in 2014 but gone by 2015.

The Silver Saddle Motel sign is probably from the 1950s. [map]

The Ranch Burger sign is probably from the 1950s. [map]

More Nowata:
Savoy Hotel

Perry:
Kumback Lunch [map]

Ponca City:
John's Apparel [map]
Norris Motor Co. [map]

Thomas Restaurant
Pryor, OK
Western Motel
Sayre, OK
The Thomas Restaurant opened in 1952 and this rooftop sign was installed then. It was produced in Canada. The restaurant was destroyed by fire in 2006 shortly after the first two photos above were taken. In 2007, the restaurant was rebuilt and a freestanding, replica sign was created (third photo). [map]

The Western Motel in Sayre has been around since at least the 1960s. The sign is probably from the 1950s. [map]

Sapulpa:
Starlite Skate Center

More Sayre:
Sunset Motel [vintage; gone]

Canadian Valley Electric Cooperative
Seminole, OK
Kickapoo Motel
Shawnee, OK
Shawnee Bowl
Shawnee, OK
Fleetwood Motel
Shawnee, OK
The Canadian Valley Electric Cooperative sign features Willie Wiredhand. The character was developed in 1950 so this huge sign must have been built after that. For more, see this website. [map]

The Kickapoo Motel sign appears to be from the 1960s. This photo is from 2006. By 2011, many of the plastic panels were missing. [map]

The Shawnee Bowl sign is probably from the 1950s. It was most likely all porcelain and neon originally. There was an identical sign at the Bee Line Bowl in Okmulgee, OK. [map]

The Fleetwood Motel sign appears to be from the 1950s. [map]

OK (page 1) OK (page 2) OK (page 4) Oklahoma City Tulsa

Main Signs Page