email: rorch@outlook.com

Oklahoma Signs (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Diamond Shop
Ada, OK
Thrif-T-Wise Pharmacy
Ada, OK
The Diamond Shop opened in 1962. This sign was most likely adapted from when the building housed O'Neals Jewelers. O'Neals opened here in the 1930s. [map]

The Thrif-T-Wise Pharmacy sign appears to be from the 1950s. It was most likely a double-sided pole sign originally. [map]

Afton:
Green Acres Motel [vintage; gone]

Park Lane Shopping Center
Altus, OK
Friendship Inn
Altus, OK
The Park Lane Shopping Center sign is probably from the 1950s. It obviously had neon originally. [map]

The Friendship Inn sign appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s. This sign is strikingly similar to the Executive Inn sign that was in Dallas, TX. [map]

Alva:
Farmers Co-Op [map]
Holiday Motel [map]

George's Department Store
Anadarko, OK
Hamburger Inn
Ardmore, OK
Colvert's
Dairy Products [gone]
Ardmore, OK
Colvert's
Dairy Products
Durant, OK
George's Department Store opened in 1948 and this sign appears to be from then. [map]

The Hamburger Inn has been around since the 1940s or 1950s. [map]

Colvert's Dairy Products is out of business but both of these signs were still there in 2011 when these photos were taken. In 2017, the Ardsign was removed and put in storage at the Greater Southwest Historical Museum. [Durant map]

Hub's Shop
Barnsdall, OK
The Hub's Shop sign advertises for Rand Shoes on one side and Poll Parrot Shoes on the other. The store is gone but the sign remains. [map]

Travelers Motel
Bartlesville, OK
Mr. Limey
Fish & Chips
Bartlesville, OK
Murphy's Steak House
Bartlesville, OK
The Travelers Motel sign appears to be from the 1950s. This photo is from 2011. By 2015, the "MOTEL" letters were replaced with red backlit plastic letters. For more, see this website. [map]

Mr. Limey Fish & Chips opened here in 1969. The restaurant closed in 2008 but the sign was still there in 2011. The top part of the sign used to spin. [map]

Murphy's Steak House opened in 1946. This sign is probably from then. [map]

Comanche Center
Bartlesville, OK
M&M Auto [gone]
Bartlesville, OK
Comanche Center opened around 1969. This sign appears to be from then. [map]

These M&M Auto signs were probably from the 1940s or 1950s. These photos are from 2011. The signs were removed later that year by M&M's owners when the business became Jay's Automotive.

Western Motel
Bethany, OK
B&D Supply Co.
Boise City, OK
Longhorn Motel
Boise City, OK
The Western Motel sign in Bethany appears to be from the 1950s. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

The B&D Supply Co. General Electric plastic sign was mass-produced. The original business name that was printed on the sign is just barely visible. [map]

The Longhorn Motel sign has been repainted since 2009. This photo is from 2011. For more, see this website. [map]

Blackwell:
West Dyer's [map]

Bristow:
Beard Motor Company

Broken Arrow:
Rocket Motors [map]

Broken Bow:
End of Trail Motel [map]

Cotton Boll Motel
Canute, OK
Lincoln Motel
Chandler, OK
The Cotton Boll Motel opened in 1960. The owners were former cotton farmers. The motel closed in 1979 but this sign remains. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

The Lincoln Motel opened in 1939. This sign is probably from the 1950s. It was repainted in 2010. For more, see this website. [map]

OK (page 2) OK (page 3) OK (page 4) Oklahoma City Tulsa

Main Signs Page