email: roadarch@outlook.com

Nevada Signs (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former Club 449'er
Elko, NV
Silver Dollar Club
Elko, NV
Holiday Motel
Elko, NV
Thunderbird Motel
Elko, NV
The Club 449'er was located at 449 Railroad St. The bar is long gone but this part of the sign remains. For more, see this website. [map]

The Silver Dollar Club sign has been here since at least the 1940s. For more, see this website. [map]

The Holiday Motel sign is probably from the 1950s. For more, see this website. [map]

The Thunderbird Motel was built in 1965. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Telescope Lanes
Elko, NV
Manor Motor Lodge
Elko, NV
Star Hotel
Elko, NV
Texaco
Elko, NV
The Telescope Lanes occupies part of the former Telescope Hotel which was built in 1908. There has been a bowling alley in the building since 1950. This sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. For more, see this website. [map]

The Manor Motor Lodge sign was originally painted red. It has been here since at least the early 1960s. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

The Star Hotel was built in 1910 as a boarding house and restaurant. It now houses a bar and restaurant. For more, see this website. [map]

This Texaco sign is located at the Cimarron West RV Park. The gas station that was here has been demolished but the sign remains. It is probably from the late 1960s or 1970s. [map]

Centre Motel
Elko, NV
The Centre Motel was previously known as the Knapp Hotel. The name was changed by the early 1950s and these signw were adapted then. The motel is set back from the road, hence, the "That-A-Way" and pointing cowboy. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Traveler's Motel
Elko, NV
2008: 2014:
The Traveler's Motel sign was painted red originally. It replaced an earlier neon pole sign. This one is probably from the late 1950s or early 1960s. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

More Elko Signs:
Commercial Casino
Ranchinn Motor Lodge: 1, 2 [vintage; gone]
Ranchinn Restaurant [vintage; gone]
Shorty's Club: 1, 2 [vintage; gone]

Club Rio
Ely, NV
Shooter's Lounge
Ely, NV
The Club Rio sign is probably from the 1950s. For more, see this website. [map]

The Shooter's Lounge sign appears to be from the 1960s or later. The pool cue is animated. [map]

Hotel Nevada
Ely, NV
The Hotel Nevada was built in 1929. This sign was installed by 1950. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Nevada Club
Ely, NV
The Nevada Club is located on the corner of the Hotel Nevada. These signs were installed sometime after 1950. [map]

Wilson-Bates Furniture
Ely, NV
The Wilson-Bates Furniture store opened in 1905. This sign is probably from the 1950s. [map]

More Ely Signs:
Bank Club Cafe [vintage; gone]
Ely Hotel Bar [map]
El Rancho Motel [map]
Liberty Club [map]
Plaza Hotel [map]
Stage Stop [map]

I.H. Kent
Company
Fallon, NV
E. H. Hursh
Insurance Agency
Fallon, NV
Lariat Motel
Fallon, NV
The I.H. Kent Company was established in 1892 as a mercantile operation. The company is still operating as the Kent Supply Company. This sign looks like it might be from the 1920s. [map]

The E. H. Hursh Insurance Agency was established in 1919. This sign appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

The Lariat Motel was built in 1953 and this sign is from then. The cowboy's arm and lariat are lit in three-part animation. The neon lariat moves backward, forward and then encircles the text part of the sign. The motel was demolished in 2005. At that point, the sign was donated to the Churchill Arts Council. In 2013, the sign was restored by YESCO in Reno, NV. It is now located at the Oats Park Art Center in Fallon. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Fernley:
Hazen Market [map]

Overland Hotel
Gardnerville, NV
French Hotel & Bar
Gardnerville, NV
The Overland Hotel was built in 1902. This sign is probably from the 1950s. For more, see this website. [map]

The French Hotel & Bar was built in 1899 as the Club Bar and Hotel. It was renamed the French Hotel in the 1930s. This sign may be from then. It was restored in the 1990s. For more, see this website. [map]

Joe's Tavern
Hawthorne, NV
Joe's Tavern opened in 1943. The sign on the left which is now behind the building might be from them. The other signs might be from the 1950s. For more, see this website. [map]

Elks Lodge
Hawthorne, NV
This Elks Lodge sign appears to be from the 1950s. [map]

Hawthorne:
Hawthorne Club [gone]
Holiday Lodge [map]

Outpost Motel
Henderson, NV
Gold Strike Hotel & Gambling Hall
Jean, NV
Plaza Motel
Overton, NV
The Outpost Motel was built in 1937. This sign is probably from the 1950s. This photo is from 2014. By 2015, the text panels had been painted red. For more, see this website. [map]

The Gold Strike Hotel & Gambling Hall opened in 1987. I believe this sign is from then. For more, see this website. [map]

The Plaza Motel opened in 1955. This sign appears to be from then. [map]

Laughlin:
Laughlin Lou

Club 50 Cafe
McGill, NV
The Club 50 Cafe has been closed for decades. The highway shield shaped sign is probably from the 1950s. [map]

Sue's Motel
Mina, NV
The Sue's Motel sign on the right is probably from the 1940s or 1950s. The vertical sign is probably from the 1960s. [map]

Mountain City:
Miner's Club [map]

Sportsman's Club
Overton, NV
2006: 2014:
The Sportsman's Club opened in 1955. This sign was installed then. It is about eight feet wide. The trout was never animated but it has been lit continuously since it was built. The fish is lit with green neon while the text is yellow. The painted sign on the front of the building was replaced with rocks sometime after 2011. [map]

Nevada
(page 1)
Nevada
(page 3)
Reno
(page 1)
Reno
(page 2)
Las Vegas
(page 1)
Las Vegas
(page 2)
Las Vegas
(page 3)
Las Vegas
(page 4)
Neon Museum Neonopolis

Main Signs Page