email: roadarch@outlook.com

Nevada Signs (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Wagon
Train Motel
Sparks, NV
Tarry Motel
Sparks, NV
Elbow Room Bar
Sparks, NV
The Wagon Train Motel sign appears to be from the 1960s. [map]

The Tarry Motel sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

The Elbow Room Bar signs are probably from the 1950s. For more, see this website. [map]

Playhouse Lounge [gone]
Sparks, NV

2008:

2014:
The Playhouse Lounge signs were probably from the 1960s. The bar closed around 2013. The martini sign and "Playhouse" letters were removed. The bulb swoop is still there. The building now houses a locksmith shop.

Copenhagen Bar
Sparks, NV
Ideal Shopping Center
Sparks, NV
The Copenhagen Bar opened in 1949. This sign appears to be from the 1960s. For more, see this website. [map]

The Ideal Shopping Center has been around since at least 1963. The sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

Keshmiri's Pony Express Lodge
Sparks, NV
Keshmiri's Pony Express Lodge opened around 1933 as Cremer's Auto Court. In 1951, it became an annex of Harold's Club and was renamed the Pony Express Motel. This animated, single-sided sign was built then. It was installed across the street from the motel, hence, the approximately 35-foot long arrow. The sign was designed by Frank N. Stricklan and produced by Cosgriff Neon. The sign originally read "Harold's Pony Express Motel." The name "Harold's" was replaced with "Keshmiri's" around 1989 when the motel was sold to Joe Keshmiri. The other text on the sign is composed of open channel letters. Channel letters were used for two reasons. The surrounding metal border protected the neon tubing from vandalism and weather. In addition, the neon letters were defined. Most vintage signs from the 1940s and 1950s have the neon installed directly on the panels. When the signs are lit, the glow of the tubing is reflected onto the panels. The Pony Express sign is no longer lit. It had red, gold, blue, white, and green neon. The horses' legs and the Indian's arrows were sequentially lit. The sign is not landmarked in any way and there are no plans to restore it. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Masonic Temple
Tonopah, NV
Mizpah Hotel
Tonopah, NV
This Masonic Temple was founded in 1907. This sign is probably from the 1950s. [map]

The Mizpah Hotel was built in 1905. This rooftop sign was there by the 1950s. [map]

More Tonopah Signs:
Tonopah Liquor Co. [map]

Wells Chalet Bar & Casino
Wells, NV
The Wells Chalet Bar & Casino was badly damaged in an earthquake in 2008. It has not reopened. [map]

Wagon Wheel Motel
Wells, NV
Shell Crest Motel
Wells, NV
The Wagon Wheel Motel has been here since at least the early 1950s. These signs are probably from the 1950s or 1960s. The pole sign was originally installed on the side of a larger building which was demolished. There was a panel which read "Cafe" below the wagon wheel. For more, see these websites: 1, 2 and 3. [map]

The Shell Crest Motel opened in 1950. The sign includes a backlit acrylic panel with a fishing scene. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

More Wells Signs:
El Rancho Hotel

West Wendover:
Wendover Will

Scott Shady Court
Winnemucca, NV
The Scott Shady Court was built in the 1920s. The motel expanded in the 1960s. The neon sign is probably from the 1950s. It has been moved to the back of the complex. The other three signs are probably from the 1960s. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4. [map]

Griddle Restaurant
Winnemucca, NV
Pine Cone Resort
Zephyr Cove, NV
The Griddle Restaurant opened in 1948. This sign is probably from the 1960s. For more, see this website. [map]

The Pine Cone Resort was built in 1955. This sign appears to be from then. [map]

Nevada
(page 1)
Nevada
(page 2)
Reno
(page 1)
Reno
(page 2)
Las Vegas
(page 1)
Las Vegas
(page 2)
Las Vegas
(page 3)
Las Vegas
(page 4)
Neon Museum Neonopolis

Main Signs Page