email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Wisconsin Gas Stations (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former Texaco station
Minocqua, WI
This former Texaco station was built in 1931. There was originally a Texaco clock over the office door. In the 1960s, it was a Zephyr station. In 1970, the building was used by an auto detailing business. It now houses Z-Best Bikes. For more, see this website. [map]

former station
Watertown, WI
This former station appears to be from the 1920s. I don't know if it was originally a Standard Oil station or if it's just dressed up like one. There were about a dozen cabins behind this station also owned by the Slight family. [map]

former station
Stoddard, WI
former station
Richland Center, WI
This former station in Stoddard was built in 1933. The owner built most of the building by himself. The station sold Standard Oil originally. The service bays to the right were added later. Around 1990, the station became a tire shop. The building now houses a convenience store and cafe. [map]

This former station in Richland Center now houses the Huntin' Shack. [map]

former station [gone]
Portage, WI
This former station was vacant when these photos were taken in 2012. By 2013, it had been demolished.

former Sinclair station
Wautoma, WI
This former Sinclair station would have looked like this one originally. The building now houses Christianos Pizza's gelato shop. [map]

former station
De Pere, WI
former station?
Ashland, WI
This former station in De Pere was built in 1925 and was originally north of town. The building had a "Japanese style" roof. In the beginning or early on, this was a Sinclair station. The owner built a sandwich shop next door and then golf, tennis, and croquet courts. Cabins and polo fields were built nearby and this station was renamed the "Polo-Resto" station. In 2004, the building was threatened by new development and moved here to Voyageur Park. For more, see this website. [map]

This building in Ashland appears to be a former station. It now houses Brown Motors. [map]

former station?
Egg Harbor, WI
This building appears to be a former station. It is located at Bay Trading Company which sells antiques. The building was probably moved here from somewhere else. [map]

former station
Kenosha, WI
This former station was built from 1923-1924 as a Your Choice Service Station. The bay building to the right was added later. It ceased being a gas station around 1993. [map]

former station
Burlington, WI
This former station was built in 1927 for the Hansen Oil Co. selling Dixie brand gas. The sign feature with a clock has been there since the beginning. By the mid-1930s, this was a Skelly station. It ceased being a gas station in 1990. The building now houses the Just Paws Pet Salon. [map]

Wisconsin
Misc. (page 1)
Wisconsin
Misc. (page 3)
Wisconsin
Misc. (page 4)
Wisconsin
Art Deco
Wisconsin
Canopies
Wisconsin
Iceboxes
Wisconsin
Pure Oil
Wisconsin
Wadhams

Gas Stations Main Page