email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Wisconsin Art Deco Gas Stations

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Sherman Perk
Milwaukee, WI
Sherman Perk was originally the Copeland Service Station, built in 1939. It was a Standard Oil station at that time. The previously abandoned Streamline Moderne station was restored in 2001 as the Sherman Perk coffee bar. The name comes from the Sherman Park neighborhood where it is located. [map]

former Dixie Oils station
Oshkosh, WI
This former Dixie Oil station was built in 1934. In the 1950s, this was a Standard station. The building now houses Kitz & Pfeil which services lawn mowers and power equipment. [map]

former station
Fond du Lac, WI
This former station was built in the mid-1930s by the Clark Oil Company. The station went by many names until the early 1960s when it became home to City Taxi. The building now houses Precision Locksmithing. [map]

former station
Milltown, WI

This former station was built in the mid-1930s as a Standard station. It was probably remodeled in this Streamline Moderne style around 1939. This station closed in the mid-1950s. The building housed a Ford dealership and repair shop. Although there were signs for Knutson Construction when these photos were taken in 2011, the building appeared to be vacant. [map]

former station
Beaver Dam, WI
This former station has been a used car dealer since at least 2008. [map]

Wisconsin
Canopies
Wisconsin
Iceboxes
Wisconsin
Pure Oil
Wisconsin
Wadhams
Wisconsin
Misc.

Gas Stations Main Page