email: roadarch@outlook.com

Tulsa Art Deco & Streamline Moderne Buildings (page 4)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

City Veterinary Hospital
Tulsa, OK
The City Veterinary Hospital was built in 1942 and is still in operation. It was designed by Joseph R. Koberling, Jr. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. [map]

Fire Station #13
Tulsa, OK

2012:

2019:
Fire Station #13 was designed by Albert Joseph Love. It was built in 1933. The station closed in 1964 and has been vacant since then. In 2018, it was purchased and is being restored as an event center. The owners plan to preserve the hose tower and locker room. They have also purchased a 1936 firetruck that will be displayed on the property when the restoration is done. [map]

Mayo Motor Inn
Tulsa, OK
The Mayo Motor Inn is a parking garage built in 1950. The neon sign is 15 feet tall and is lit at night. For more, see this website. [map]

former Union Depot
Tulsa, OK

The Union Depot was designed by R. C. Stephens and built from 1929-1931. It closed in 1967 and remained vacant until 1983. The building was restored and now houses the Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame and the Tulsa Symphony Orchestra. For more, see this website. [map]

Westhope House
Tulsa, OK
The Westhope House was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. It was built in 1929 and is also known as the Richard Lloyd Jones House. Jones was Wright's cousin. It features concrete textile block and glass panels. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. For more, see this website. [map]

MTTA Transfer Center
Tulsa, OK
The Metropolitan Tulsa Transit Authority Transfer Center was inspired by Art Deco design and built from 1998-1999. [map]

Books:
Tulsa Art Deco

Tulsa
(page 1)
Tulsa
(page 2)
Tulsa
(page 3)
Oklahoma
(page 1)
Oklahoma
(page 2)
Oklahoma City
Art Deco Buildings
Main Page