email: roadarch@outlook.com

Tulsa Art Deco & Streamline Moderne Buildings (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Pythian Building
Tulsa, OK
The Pythian Building was built from 1929-1931. Originally, the building was to be 13 stories and was to be called the Gillette-Tyrrell Building. However, because of the Depression, construction stopped at the third floor and the building was sold in 1931 to the Knights of Pythias. One of the canopies was suspiciously removed in 2000. For more, see this website. [map]

City Veterinary Hospital
Tulsa, OK
The City Veterinary Hospital was built in 1942 and is still in operation. It was designed by Joseph R. Koberling, Jr. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. [map]

Fire Station #13
Tulsa, OK
Fire Station #13 was designed by Albert Joseph Love. It was built in 1931. The station closed in 1964. The building appears to be used for storage now. [map]

Mayo Motor Inn
Tulsa, OK
The Mayo Motor Inn is a parking garage built in 1950. The neon sign is 15 feet tall and is lit at night. For more, see this website. [map]

former Union Depot
Tulsa, OK

The Union Depot was designed by R. C. Stephens and built from 1929-1931. It closed in 1967 and remained vacant until 1983. The building was restored and now houses the Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame and the Tulsa Symphony Orchestra. For more, see this website. [map]

MTTA Transfer Center
Tulsa, OK
The Metropolitan Tulsa Transit Authority Transfer Center was inspired by Art Deco design and built from 1998-1999. [map]

More Tulsa Art Deco & Streamline Moderne Buildings:
Westhope House
various buildings

Books:
Tulsa Art Deco

Tulsa
(page 1)
Tulsa
(page 2)
Oklahoma
(page 1)
Oklahoma
(page 2)
Oklahoma City
Art Deco Buildings
Main Page