email: roadarch@outlook.com

California Art Deco & Streamline Moderne Buildings (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Aeroscopic Environmental Inc.
Glendale, CA
The Aeroscopic Environmental Inc. building was constructed around 1935. Does anyone know what was here originally? The building now houses the International College of Beauty, Arts & Sciences. [map]

Galilee Mission Center
Glendale, CA
North Glendale Methodist Church
Glendale, CA
The Galilee Mission Center appears to be from the 1930s or 1940s. Does anyone know what was here originally? [map]

The North Glendale Methodist Church was designed by Harry W. Pierce and built in 1941. The building now houses the Church for the Nations. [map]

Incarnation Church
Glendale, CA

Incarnation Church School
Glendale, CA
The Incarnation Church was built from 1951-1952. [map]

The Incarnation Church School was built in 1937. [map]

Grand Central Airport
Glendale, CA

2008:

2016:
The Grand Central Airport was built in 1923 as the first public airport in Southern California. It closed in 1959. The building remained vacant until 2015 when it was restored as office space for the Walt Disney Company. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4. [map]

Glendale City Hall
Glendale, CA
Mitchell Real Estate
Grass Valley, CA
Glendale City Hall was built from 1940-1942 as a WPA project. [map]

This Mitchell Real Estate building looks like it may have been from the 1940s. However, it was built some time between 2008 and 2012. There was a gas station here before that. [map]

KIGS AM radio station
Hanford, CA
I believe the KIGS-AM radio station was built in 1947. [map]

City Hall
Hayward, CA
This City Hall was built in 1930. It was designed by E.P. Whitman. In 1969, the city offices were moved to a new location. This building is not in use due to its proximity to an earthquake fault. [map]

Lane-Wells Company Building
Huntington Park, CA
W. W. Henry Company Building
Huntington Park, CA
The Lane-Wells Company Building was designed by William E. Myer. It was built from 1938-1939. It was later known as the Winnie & Sutch Building. The building now houses The Escarpment, photography and filming studios. [map]

The W. W. Henry Company Building was built in 1939. It is next door to the Lane-Wells Building. It now houses the Soto Business Center. [map]