email: roadarch@outlook.com

Purity Stores

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former Purity store
Nevada City, CA
former Purity store
Burlingame, CA
former Purity store
Pacific Grove, CA
former Purity store
San Bruno, CA
former Purity store
Porterville, CA
former Purity store
Dunsmuir, CA
former Purity store
Healdsburg, CA
former Purity store
Willits, CA
former Purity store
Paso Robles, CA
former Purity store
San Francisco, CA
former Purity store
Woodland, CA
former Purity store
Livermore, CA
This former Purity store in Nevada City was built in 1940. The building now houses the Bonanza Market liquor store. This vintage photo shows a former Purity location in Tracy, CA. There are many buildings of this design still remaining in Northern California which now houses other businesses. This design preceded quonset huts. [map]

The Purity store in Burlingame was built in the 1940s. The rooftop sign was installed then. It has sine been painted over. In 1963, the building became home to a Stanaway Brothers Food Market. The building has housed a Walgreens since 2000. [map]

The Purity store in Pacific Grove was built in 1951. The building now houses the Grove Market. [map]

The Purity store in San Bruno most recently housed the Paper Moon Restaurant. This photo is from 2014. In 2016, the building was either being remodeled or demolished. [map]

The Purity store building in Porterville is now subdivided for several businesses. [map]

The Purity store building in Dunsmuir now houses a Thriftway Foods store.

The Purity store building in Willits now houses the City Hall and Community Center. [map]

The Purity store building in Paso Robles now houses an antiques store. For more, see this website. [map]

The Purity store building in San Francisco now houses multiple tenants. [map]

The Purity store building in Woodland now houses All Action Awards. [map]

The Purity store building in Healdsburg now houses multiple tenants. [map]

When it was built in 1941, this former Purity store in Livermore looked just like the one in Nevada City. The store closed in 1959. The building was later subdivided and this zigzag canopy was added. The building has housed the Donut Wheel since 1962. It was originally known as Jack's Donut Wheel. It was apparently part of a chain with other locations in the Sacramento area. For more, see this website. [map]

For more examples of these buildings, see these websites: Mountain View, CA, Colusa, CA, and Turlock, CA.