email: roadarch@outlook.com

Oregon Signs (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Lumberjacks
Central Point, OR
2008: 2015:
This Lumberjacks sign is 37 feet tall. It is located at the Jackson County Fairgrounds. Locals refer to the sign as the Paul Bunyans. It was built in the 1940s and installed at Rogue Equipment Sales, a logging equipment store. When the store closed, the sign was moved to Burrill Lumber in White City, OR. In 1994, the sign was restored and moved to the fairgrounds. The sign was restored again in 2013. [map]

Wheel Cafe [gone]
Chemult, OR
Tioga Hotel
Coos Bay, OR
Masonic Temple
Corvallis, OR
The Wheel Cafe sign was probably from the 1950s. It was removed in 2022 by a sign seller.

The construction of the Tioga Hotel began in 1925. It wasn't completed until 1948. This sign appears to be from then. For more, see this website. [map]

The Masonic Temple in Corvallis was established in 1912. This sign is probably from the 1940s or 1950s. [map]

More Corvallis Signs:
Greenberry Store & Tavern
Greyhound [gone]

City Center Motel
Cottage Grove, OR
Bonanza Drive-Up
Cottage Grove, OR
The City Center Motel sign appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s. For more, see this website. [map]

According to one source, the Bonanza Drive-Up has been around since the 1950s. However, most sources say that this place opened in 1980. For more, see this website. [map]

Detroit Signs:
Cedars Restaurant [map]

Oney's
Elsie, OR
2008: 2015:
Oney's Restaurant opened in 1938. In 2008, the restaurant was destroyed by fire. The building and plastic sign are gone. The painted sign has been restored. [map]

Enterprise Signs:
Range Rider [map]

Eugene Signs:
Automatic Heat: 1, 2, 3 [gone]
Blachly-Lane Electric Co-Op
Good Times Cafe & Bar
Woody's Drive-in

Granite Signs:
Welcome sign [map]

Bunny's Motel
Grants Pass, OR
Weasku Inn
Grants Pass, OR
The Bunny's Motel sign is probably from the late 1950s or early 1960s. [map]

The Weasku Inn was built in 1924. This sign appears to be from the 1950s. For more, see this website. [map]

Wonder Bur Lounge & Cafe
Grants Pass, OR
2008: 2015:
The Wonder Bur Lounge & Cafe opened in the 1930s as the Wonder Bar. At some point, it became the Wonder Bur. Sometime after 2012, the chef's face on the Cafe sign was painted over. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

More Grants Pass Signs:
Blue Ribbon Shoe Service [gone]
It's the Climate

Hermiston Signs:
Hermiston Drug [map]

Hillsboro Signs:
Bruce Chevrolet

Elks Lodge
Hood River, OR
Taylor's Fountain & Gifts
Independence, OR
J'Ville Tavern
Jacksonville, OR
This Elks Lodge sign is probably from the 1960s. The 11 O'clock Toast symbol at the top of the sign is backlit plastic. For more, see this website. [map]

Taylor's Fountain & Gifts opened in the 1930s as the Sylvester Drug store. It became Taylor's in 1946. The sign might be from then. Taylor's closed in 2006 and the building remains vacant. This sign was still there when this photo was taken in 2016. Later that year, the interior was gutted and the sign remained. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

The J'Ville Tavern was established in 1935. This sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. The handpainted center panel must have been a replacement for another panel which filled the middle space of the sign. [map]

Idleyld Park Signs:
Dogwood Motel

Grant County Elks Lodge
John Day, OR
The Grant County Elks Lodge sign is probably from the 1950s. [map]

Jordan Valley Signs:
Sahara Motel [map]

Masonic Lodge [gone]
Klamath Falls, OR
Fashion Cleaners
Klamath Falls, OR
Muffler King
Klamath Falls, OR
King Wah Restaurant
Klamath Falls, OR
This Masonic Lodge sign appeared to be from the 1950s or 1960s. This photo is from 2016. By 2018, the building and sign were gone.

The Fashion Cleaners sign is probably from the 1950s. The building was vacant in 2018 but the sign is still there. For more, see this website. [map]

The Muffler King sign appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s. For more, see this website. [map]

The King Wah Restaurant sign is probably from the 1960s. [map]

former Crater Lake Dairy Creamery
Klamath Falls, OR
2008: 2016:
The Crater Lake Dairy opened here in 1935. The company's Creamery sign is probably from the 1950s. The Creamery closed around 1980. In 2005, Klamath Basin Brewing Company moved into the building. The brewery kept the sign and has it restored. The sign's text panels were changed sometime after 2012. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Wong's Cafe
Klamath Falls, OR
2008: 2016:
I believe Wong's Cafe opened in the late 1940s. This sign appears to be from then. [map]

More Klamath Falls Signs:
Can Am Motors [map]

Oregon (page 1) Oregon (page 3) Oregon (page 4) Portland

Main Signs Page