email: roadarch@outlook.com

Shopping Center Signs (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Napoleon Plaza
Metairie, LA
M.A. Green Shopping Center
Metairie, LA
Wego Shopping Center
Westwego, LA
The Napoleon Plaza shopping center sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

The M.A. Green Shopping Center was built in 1955. This sign is most likely from then. This photo is from 2019. By 2021, the sign was painted blue. For more, see this website. [map]

The Wego Shopping Center sign appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s. Around 2017, the vertical Wego panels were covered with panels reading "Palmetto" and the tree was added. By 2021, the Wego panels were uncovered and the tree was gone. [map]

Maryland:
Great Eastern Plaza (District Heights) [gone]
Marlow Heights Shopping Center (Marlow Heights)

Westgate
Shopping Plaza
Ann Arbor, MI
Macomb Mall
Roseville, MI
The Westgate Shopping Plaza sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. It combines plastic and neon. The original, corrugated plastic panels shown in this photo have since been replaced with flat ones. For more, see this website. [map]

The Macomb Mall opened in 1964 and has over 100 stores. Sears is the only store in the mall that has been there from the beginning. This photo is from 2011. In 2014, the neon on the sign was replaced with backlit plastic. There were two other signs like this one at the Oakland Mall (Troy, MI) and Livonia Mall (Livonia, MI). For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

More Michigan:
Frandor Shopping Center (East Lansing) [gone]
Airport Plaza (Norton Shores)
Eastgate Center (Roseville) [vintage; gone]

Minnesota:
Great Bear Center (Bloomington)
Town & Country Shopping Center (Bloomington)

Blue Vue
Shopping Center
Kansas City, MO
State Fair
Shopping Center
Sedalia, MO
Country Club
Center [gone]
Springfield, MO
The Blue Vue Shopping Center opened in 1957. For more, see this website. [map]

The State Fair Shopping Center is just across the street from the Missouri State Fairgrounds. The smokestack was built for State Fair Floral. When the shopping center opened in 1965, these neon letters and the neon beacon on top where added. There was also a revolving, neon marquee around the base which is gone now. For more, see this website. [map]

The Country Club Center opened in 1952. It was one of the first shopping centers built in Springfield after World War II. This sign was removed in 2013 to be replaced with an "updated" sign. The old sign is now on display at the Stokely Event Center in Tulsa, OK.

More Missouri:
Glasgow Village Shopping Center (St. Louis) [gone]

Bel Air
Shopping Center
Jackson, MS
Delta Mart Shopping Center
Jackson, MS
Plaza Shopping Center
Miles City, MT
The Bel Air Shopping Center is still in operation and retains this 1950s looking sign. [map]

The Delta Mart Shopping Center was built in 1957. These signs are probably from then. The larger sign on the left is at the main entrance while the one on the right is at the back entrance. [map]

The Plaza Shopping Center had opened by 1963. All of the stores have been closed since at least 2005. [map]

More Montana:
Glenn's Shopping Center (Clyde Park)
Big G Shopping Center (Glasgow) [gone]

Park Road
Shopping Center
Charlotte, NC
Tallywood
Shopping Center
Fayetteville, NC
Westgate Plaza
Omaha, NE
Parsippany Shopping Plaza
Parsippany, NJ
The Park Road Shopping Center was built in 1956. I believe this sign was originally painted red. In 2019, the sign was removed for restoration. [map]

I believe the Tallywood Shopping Center opened in 1964. In 2016, it was announced that the shopping center and sign would be demolished for a new Publix supermarket. Fortunately, the sign was still there in 2018. However, the panels have been changed cream with green letters. [map]

I believe Westgate Plaza opened in 1961. This sign appears to be from then. This photo is from 2012. The sign was restored in 2014. The boomerang arrow flashes at night. [map]

The Parsippany Shopping Plaza sign appears to be from the 1950s. [map]

More New Jersey:
Closter Plaza (Closter)
Wyckoff Shopping Center (Wyckoff)

Bel Aire
Shopping Center [gone]
Hobbs, NM
Bel Aire Bowl
Hobbs, NM
This Bel Aire Shopping Center sign was probably from the 1950s. By 2018, half of the sign was missing. The Bel Aire Bowl is located in the shopping center. These photos are from 2012. There are plans to remodel the shopping center. The Shopping Center sign was removed by a collector in 2022. [map]

Morningside Shopping Center
Albuquerque, NM
Hoffmantown Shopping Center
Albuquerque, NM
Sands Center
Portales, NM
The Morningside Shopping Center sign is probably from the 1960s or later. [map]

The Hoffmantown Shopping Center was built in 1951. This sign appears to be from then. For more, see this website. [map]

The Sands Center sign is probably from the 1960s. It advertises for a shopping center. [map]

Kirk's Center
Shiprock, NM
Plains Park Center
Roswell, NM
The Kirk's Center shopping center sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. The neon has been removed. [map]

The Plains Park Center sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

Ideal Shopping Center
Sparks, NV
Amall
Las Vegas, NV
Lawless Center
Las Vegas, NV
The Ideal Shopping Center has been around since at least 1963. The sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

The Amall shopping center originally read "Parkway Plaza". It opened in 1961 and this sign is from then. Around 2018, the sign was adapted for Planet Fitness. The sign is now painted purple and the neon has been replaced with backlit plastic. [map]

The Lawless Center shopping center sign was built in 1963. The sign is owned and maintained by YESCO. This photo is from 2014. Around 2016, the sign was repainted. For more, see this website. [map]

Somerset Shopping Center [gone]
Las Vegas, NV
The Somerset Shopping Center was built in 1966. This sign appeared to be from then. In 2019, the sign was adapted for a deli. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Westgate Shopping Center
Albany, NY
The Westgate Shopping Center and sign were built in 1957. The sign is 90 feet tall. It originally read "Welcome to Westgate Shopping Center" and had a clock which was later replaced with the Price Chopper sign. In 2014, the sign was removed for restoration. It was reinstalled and relit in 2015. The neon was replaced with LED tubing. Originally, there were yellow chasing bulbs around the border of the sign. At some time, they were replaced with blue neon tubing. During the 2015 restoration, the tubing around the sign was replaced with white, non-segmented LED tubes. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

More New York:
Ridgemont Plaza (Greece)
Beach Shopping Center (Peekskill)

Shopping Center Signs
(page 1)
Shopping Center Signs
(page 2)
Shopping Center Signs
(page 4)
Shopping Center Signs
(page 5)
Main SCA Article
Companion Page
Main Signs Page