Massachusetts Signs (page 4)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Glendale Package Store [gone]
Waltham, MA
Recreation Center [gone]
Waltham, MA
Queen Cleaners
Waltham, MA
The Glendale Package Store and sign were built in 1955. This photo is from 2011. In 2015, the building was remodeled by new owners and the sign was removed.

The Wal-Lex Recreation Center and sign have been replaced with a strip mall.

Queen Cleaners has been here since around 1919. This sign is probably from the 1950s. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

More Waltham Signs:
Kirsch Real Estate [map]

Jug Shop
Wareham, MA
Cafe at the City Hotel
Westfield, MA
Galley Restaurant [gone]
West Springfield, MA
The Jug Shop sign advertises for a liquor store. [map]

This Cafe at the City Hotel sign appears to be from the 1930s. [map]

This Galley Restaurant opened in 1975 and closed in 2008. This sign was adapted from a previous business. After it was removed, it was put in storage at Red's Towing & Repair Service located next door to the former restaurant. In 2012, the sign was sold at auction. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2.

Westborough Signs:
Harry's Restaurant [map]

West Bridgewater Signs:
Hockomock Plaza

West Roxbury Signs:
Fontaine's Restaurant [private collection]

More West Springfield Signs:
Donut Dip

Weymouth Signs:
Hartstone Flowers [vintage; gone]

Varky's Cleaners
Whitinsville, MA
Toll House
Whitman, MA
Varky's Cleaners has been here since at least the 1960s. This sign is lit at night. For more, see this website. [map]

The Toll House sign remains from the Toll House Inn which burned down in 1984. This was the birthplace of the Toll House chocolate chip cookie in 1937. The recipe is still printed on the back of Nestle chocolate chip bags. The original toll house was built in 1709, as referenced by the sign. The sign was refurbished in 2006 just after these photos were taken. The bell ringer's arm was replaced, the letters were repaired, and the sign was repainted the original colors. The sign is now installed in the Walgreens parking lot. For more, see this website. [map]

Edwards Jewelry [gone]
Waltham, MA
Weintraub's Jewish Deli
Worcester, MA
Auto Radiator
Worcester, MA
Wonder Bar
Worcester, MA
Edwards Jewelry had been here since around 1929. When this photo was taken in 2009, the sign's clock was still working and the neon seemed to be in good shape. By 2011, the store was vacant and the sign was gone.

Weintraub's Jewish Deli opened in 1920. The letters on this sign are embossed. For more, see this website. [map]

This plastic Roland's Auto Radiator sign is probably from the 1960s or so. [map]

The Wonder Bar Restaurant opened around 1930. This sign is probably from that time. This photo is from 2011. The sign was restored in 2015. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Williamsburg Signs:
Chevrolet [map]

Owl Shop
Worcester, MA
This Owl Shop opened in 1946 and this sign was installed then. It was part of a small chain of tobacco stores which was established in New Haven, CT in 1934. [map]

Sporting Goods
& Trophy [gone]
Worcester, MA
White & Brite Cleaners
Worcester, MA
Olympic Sporting Goods & Trophy opened in 1938. This sign was obviously from much later. This photo is from 2006. By 2011, the business had closed and the sign was gone.

White & Brite Cleaners has a couple other locations in the area but they do not have old signs like this one. [map]

More Worcester Signs:
George's Coney Island
R&R Plumbing [gone]

MA (page 1) MA (page 2) MA (page 3) MA (page 5)

Main Signs Page