email: roadarch@outlook.com

Texas Car Showrooms & Dealerships (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

W.O. Speck Building
Plainview, TX
The W.O. Speck Building was constructed in 1947. In the 1920s, the company was selling REO cars and trucks. [map]

former Buick showroom
Galveston, TX
This former Buick showroom was designed by Ben Milam and built in 1950 for Pennington Buick. The building has been significantly remodeled and was used for retail space. These photos are from 2011. By 2016, the building was housing Island Automotive. For more, see this website. [map]

former Buick showroom
Vernon, TX
This former Buick showroom now houses Jimmy's Body Shop and Barbed Wire & Roses. [map]

former Weatherby Motor Co.
Brownwood, TX
The Weatherby Motor Co. was established in 1912. I don't know if this was the company's original location. The company advertised this building as "Ford Square". The company was selling Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury in the 1950s and 1960s. These canopies appear to be from the 1960s. The company operated there until at least the 1990s. The building now houses Harris Broadband. [map]

former showroom
Kilgore, TX
This former showroom housed Terry Ford in the mid-1960s. By the late 1960s, the building housed Dusty Rhodes Ford. Later, the building housed a dress shop. It now houses Nardis Public Safety. [map]

former showroom
Kilgore, TX
2011: 2018:
This former showroom was built in 1949-1950. It housed Center Chevrolet from at least the early 1960s and may have been the original tenant. From 1966-1979, the building housed Ringler Chevrolet. The building housed the Office Center in 2011. By 2013, the building was housing ETEX Motors Accessories. Since 2016, the building has housed the Texas Museum of Broadcasting & Communications. [map]

Abell Chevrolet Co.
Ralls, TX
The Abell Chevrolet Co. building has been vacant for many years. Abell Chevrolet was established in 1936. [map]

Nall Nash Motor Co.
Tyler, TX
The Nall Nash Motor Co. dealership was built in 1948. It later served as a Volvo dealership. The building was vacant when these photos were taken in 2011. In 2012, "The Fix Shop" had moved into the building. [map]

TX Car Showrooms
(page 1)
TX Car Showrooms
(page 2)
TX Car Showrooms
(page 4)
TX Car Showrooms
(page 5)
Car Showrooms
Main Page