email: roadarch@outlook.com

Texas Car Showrooms & Dealerships (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former Chevrolet showroom
Lamesa, TX

2006:

2012:
This former Chevrolet showroom has antique cars on display inside. By 2012, the bottom photo, an awning was installed which hides some of the building detail. [map]

Eiland Motor Co.
Stanton, TX
I believe the Eiland Motor Co. building was built in 1929. B.F. White Motor Company has been operating here since at least 1945. [map]

Matador Auto Co.
Matador, TX
The Matador Auto Co. was a Ford dealer. It was probably built in the 1920s. [map]

Michie Building
Childress, TX
The Michie Building was built in 1926 as a Willys-Overland Whippet dealer. The building also served as a gas station at the time. [map]

former Packard showroom
Fort Worth, TX
This former Packard showroom was built around 1925. In the 1930s, H.B. Ransom sold Chrysler and Plymouth automobiles here. The building served as a dealership until at least the mid-1960s. For more, see this website. [map]

Jackman Ford
San Marcos, TX
The Jackman Ford dealership was supposedly built in 1920. However, city telephone directories show that the dealership was there in 1919. The building also served as a garage at the time. It has not been used for car-related businesses for many years. [map]

former Chevrolet showroom
Yorktown, TX
This former Chevrolet showroom appeared to be vacant when these photos were taken in 2011. The building is probably from the 1930s. [map]

Hollingsworth Motor Company
Harlingen, TX
The Hollingsworth Motor Company building was built in the late 1920s. It was Harlingen's first Ford dealership. The building later housed Knapp Chevrolet. After that, there were other non-automobile businesses here including the Holsum Baking Company and the Bebrick Paint Company. The building was later occupied by White Cleaners. It now houses CBC Offroad. [map]

former showroom
Caldwell, TX
This building appears to be a former showroom. It probably also had a gas station. It appears to be from the 1920s or 1930s. When this photo was taken in 2011, the building housed K's Cafe. By 2013, the main occupant was Porky's Bar-B-Q. By 2016, Porky's was gone and the space was vacant. [map]

TX Car Showrooms
(page 2)
TX Car Showrooms
(page 3)
TX Car Showrooms
(page 4)
TX Car Showrooms
(page 5)
Car Showrooms
Main Page