email: roadarch@outlook.com

Texas Mid-Century Modern Banks (page 5)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Texoma Savings Bank
Sherman, TX
This building was built as a Texoma Savings Bank in the early 1960s. It had one of the first drive-thru tellers with air tubes. The building has been vacant for years. [map]

BBVA Compass Bank
Raymondville, TX
The BBVA Compass Bank previously housed the Raymondville Bank of Texas. The logo incororated into the stone reliefs on the building must indicate the original bank name. These buildings appear to be from the 1950s or 1960s. The first row of photos above shows the main bank while the second row shows the drive-thru building which is located across the street. [map]

former Main Bank & Trust
San Antonio, TX
The former Main Bank & Trust branch may have been built in 1955. It was definitely there by the late 1960s. The building now houses a Luby's Cafeteria. The bank part of the building houses the Fiesta Room. [map]

First National Bank
Fort Stockton, TX
This First National Bank was built in 1959. Their drive-thru structure across the street (bottom photo) has a similar design and was apparently built at the same time. [map]