email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Texas Mid-Century Modern Banks (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

West Texas State Bank Auto Teller [gone]
Snyder, TX
The West Texas State Bank Auto Teller was built in the late 1950s or early 1960s. The sign was backlit. Originally, there was just one lane. These photos are from 2006. By 2012, the building was gone.

Dalhart Federal Savings
Dalhart, TX
This Dalhart Federal Savings & Loan branch was built in 1965. The dome was created with a "single pour" of concrete. Concrete was poured around the clock until completion. The building was remodeled in 1977 and expanded in 1994. [map]

Bank of America
Odessa, TX
This Bank of America branch was built in 1960. [map]

Citibank
Odessa, TX
This Citibank branch appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

American Bank
Waco, TX
The American Bank was built in 1979 as the Bellmead State Bank. It features many original interior details. [map]

Texoma Savings Bank
Sherman, TX
This building was built as a Texoma Savings Bank in the early 1960s. It had one of the first drive-thru tellers with air tubes. The building has been vacant for years. [map]

First National Bank
Fort Stockton, TX
This First National Bank was built in 1959. Their drive-thru structure across the street (bottom photo) has a similar design and was apparently built at the same time. [map]

More Texas Mid-Century Modern Banks:
Kleberg Bank (Corpus Christi)
Wells Fargo Bank (Corpus Christi)
Maverick County Finance Center (Eagle Pass)
American Bank of Texas (Sherman)
former National City Bank (Waco)
unidentified bank (Waco)