email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Washington Gas Stations (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Wippel's gas station
Ellensburg, WA
2008: 2015:
Wippel's gas station was built in 1929 and operated until 1989. The building was vacant in 2008. Prior to that, the building housed several ice cream and coffee shops. The four pumps are the originals not replicas. In 2011, the building was housing Wippel Station, a hot dog stand. I don't know if the stand is still open. For more, see this website. [map]

former station
Naches, WA
former Texaco station
Rosalia, WA
This former station in Naches was built around 1935. At some point it was a Shell station. In 1974, it was a Standard station and had a long canopy. In 1999, the building was moved from a block away to its current location and renovated as a visitors center. This photo is from 2015. [map]

This former Texaco station in Rosalia was built in 1923. It operated until 1980. The building was restored in 2003 and now houses the Rosalia Visitor Resource and Interpretive Center. For more, see this website. [map]

former station
Snohomish, WA
This former station was probably built in the 1920s or 1930s. The front half of the building has been bricked-up. It would have been open under the roof with pumps where the steps are now. [map]

former station
Ritzville, WA
This former station looks like it was built in the 1920s or 1930s. The building has been vacant for many years. [map]

former station
Seattle, WA

2008:

2015:
This former station was built by Jack Collier in 1926. Instead of bricks, he used river rocks. The building behind the station was used as a garage. The station closed in 1963 and was used as a residence for many years. In 2015, the building was renovated and now houses the Stonehouse Cafe and Bar. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

former Flying A station
Elma, WA

This former Flying A station was remodeled to house Elma's Chamber of Commerce in 2011. It is known as the Elma Visitor Station. [map]

former station
Mount Vernon, WA
This former station now houses the Town Pump Tavern. The cute castle-like building is probably a much later addition. [map]

former station
Seattle, WA
former station
Seattle, WA
The first former station in Seattle shown above began housing the Blue Onion Bistro in 2001. This photo is from 2008. Since at least 2011, the building has housed Savatdee Authentic Thai & Lao Cuisine. This might have been a Flying A station originally. [map]

The second former station in Seattle shown above is now used as an auto repair shop. [map]

former station
Wilbur, WA
2008: 2016:
This former station might have been a Flying A station originally. It housed the Whitestone Winery tasting room from 2005-2013 when the company moved to a new location. The building was vacant in 2016. [map]

former station
Dayton, WA
This former station in Dayton now houses Goff's Used Cars. [map]

former station
Spokane, WA
This former station in Spokane was built in 1939. The building is now covered up with siding. It now houses a Safelite Auto Glass business. [map]

former Union 76 station
Wenatchee, WA
This former Union 76 station housed Alejandra's Bakery in 2012. The building was vacant when this photo was taken in 2016. [map]

former station
Sunnyside, WA
former station
Grandview, WA
This former station was probably built as a Union 76 station. The canopy is wider than normal. The building now houses Taller Mecanico, an auto repair shop. [map]

This former station now houses Hiway Service. This may have been a Texaco station. [map]

Washington (page 2) Gas Stations Main Page