email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Oklahoma Canopy Gas Stations (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former station
Fairfax, OK
This former station was vacant when this photo was taken in 2011. [map]

former station
Perry, OK
This former station was also vacant when this photo was taken in 2011. [map]

former Sinclair station
Oklahoma City, OK
This former Sinclair station now houses the Glass Guys. [map]

former Barnsdall station
Sapulpa, OK
This former Barnsdall station was built around 1923 by Waite Phillips. Waite was Frank Phillips' brother, famous for establishing the Phillips 66 oil company. Waite sold the station to the Barnsdall Oil Co. in 1926. The three-bay service building was added at that time. The station was restored from around 2008-2011. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Lucille's Place
Hydro, OK
former station
Hydro, OK
The former station shown on the left above was built by Carl Ditmore in 1929. The owner lived on the second floor of the building. In 1934, new owners named it the Provine station and added a tourist court. In 1941, the Hamons family took over the property. Lucille Hamons ran the station until she passed away in 2000. The Hamons Court sign is now on display at the Smithsonian. The station is commonly referred to as "Lucille's Place". From 2004-2006, the building was restored and a pair of vintage Phillips 66 pumps were added. This station never actually sold Phillips 66. It was a Conoco from at least the 1930s until it closed. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

The former station in the third photo above is just a couple miles east of Lucille's Place. It must have been built at or around the same time. This building is now used as a residence. [map]

Magnolia Petroleum Building
Oklahoma City, OK
The Magnolia Petroleum Building was designed by Hawk & Parr and built in 1919. It included a gas station on the lower level corner of its headquarters. Today, this space is used as a drive-thru bank. The building is located in Oklahoma City's "Automobile Alley" district and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. [map]

More Oklahoma Canopy Gas Stations:
former station (Guthrie)
former station (Sapulpa) [map]
former station (Skedee)

Oklahoma Canopies
page 1
Oklahoma Canopies
page 2
Oklahoma
Art Deco
Oklahoma
Iceboxes
Oklahoma
Phillips 66
Oklahoma
Sinclair
Oklahoma
Misc.

Gas Stations Main Page