email: roadarch@outlook.com

Connecticut Diners (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Silver Diner [gone]
Waterbury, CT
The Silver Diner is a Mountain View from around 1949. Later renovations were done by Manno. It was originally located in Easton, PA where it was known as the Lafayette Diner. It was moved here in 1994. This diner closed in 2006. These photos are from 2009. The diner was moved into storage in 2011 due to on-site construction. For more, see this website.

West Hartford, CT:
Quaker Diner: 1, 2

Georgie's Diner
West Haven, CT
Georgie's Diner is a DeRaffele from 1956. It operated in Stratford, CT as the Duchess Diner until 1967. It was then moved here and renamed the Elm Diner. In 2009, the name was changed to Georgie's. For more, see this website. [map]

Makris Diner
Wethersfield, CT
The Makris Diner is an O'Mahony from 1951. For more, see this website. [map]

former Mickey's Windham Diner
Willimantic, CT
Mickey's Windham Diner was housed in a Mountain View (#281) from 1950. The diner originally operated here until 1971. It was then moved and operated in Southington, CT. In the 1980s, it operated at two different locations in Waterbury, CT. It returned to Willimantic and reopened in 2005 using the original name. In 2007, the owners completely renovated their Big Boy statue. These photos are from that year. After Mickey's, the diner houses Jonathans Club Car Cafe. By 2016, the diner was closed and up for sale. [map]

Trolley Pub on Main
Willimantic, CT
The Trolley Pub on Main is a Ward & Dickinson, built around 1930. [map]

Winsted, CT:
Winsted Diner: 1, 2

CT (page 1) CT (page 2)
Diners Main Page