email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Kansas Art Deco & Streamline Moderne Buildings (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Garfield School
Abilene, KS
The Garfield School was built in 1942 with WPA funding. [map]

McDanield School
Bonner Springs, KS
El Dorado Junior College
El Dorado, KS
The McDanield School was built in 1934. [map]

The El Dorado Junior College was originally located in this building. It is now used by the El Dorado Middle School. The building appears to be from the 1930s. [map]

Colby, KS:
Telephone Building

Telephone Building
Goodland, KS
The Telephone Building was built in 1931 for United Telephone. In the late 1960s, it became part of the Bell system. [map]

Masonic Hall
Hays, KS
This Masonic Hall was built in 1947. The upper floor is still used by the Masons while the ground floor has always been retail space. [map]

Herrington, KS:
First National Bank [map]

Reno County Courthouse
Hutchinson, KS
Kellogg's Snacks
Kansas City, KS
The Reno County Courthouse was built from 1929-1930. The building is faced with buff-colored brick and limestone. [map]

This Kellogg's Snacks plant appears to be from the 1940s or 1950s. This was previously the Sunshine Biscuits plant. A Sunshine Biscuits sign was removed from the roof around 2009. For more, see this website. [map]

Kansas City, KS:
Kaw Valley State Bank

Leavenworth, KS:
Offices

Decatur Community High School
Oberlin, KS
The Decatur Community High School appears to be from the 1930s. [map]

McKague Memorial Masonic Temple
Oberlin, KS
The McKague Memorial Masonic Temple was built in 1932. [map]

Kansas
(page 2)
Wichita Art Deco Buildings
Main Page