Wisconsin Signs (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Shoes [gone]
Edgerton, WI
Cape Cod Motel
Egg Harbor, WI
FDL Surplus Army Navy Store
Fond du Lac, WI
Motor Court [gone]
Friendship, WI
Edgerton Shoes is long gone but this sign was still there in 2011 when this photo was taken. Sometime after 2013, the sign was removed. The empty frame once held a Red Goose sign like this one.

The Cape Cod Motel sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. The missing neon makes me wonder if Cape Cod was the original name. [map]

The FDL Surplus Army Navy Store sign appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s. It was repainted sometime after 2008 and when this photo was taken in 2011. [map]

The Friendship Motor Court sign was probably from the 1950s. It was gone by 2023.

Elm Grove:
Elm Grove Park & Shop

Friedrick's Restaurant [gone]

More Fond du Lac:
Krail Jewelry [vintage; private collection]
Schreiner's Restaurant

Genoa City:
Keller's Food & Spirits [map]

Sonic Motel
Galesville, WI
Skylit Motel [gone]
Green Bay, WI
The Sonic Motel sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

The Skylit Motel sign appeared to be from the 1950s or 1960s. The blue part of the sign used to extend all the way to the ground. It was also painted with stars. This photo is from 2011. In 2015, the motel was demolished. The sign is gone. For more, see this website.

Twin City Plaza

Kroll's Tavern / Kroll's East
Green Bay, WI
Kroll's Tavern and Kroll's East opened in 1935. They share the same building. The place was known as Kroll's Lunch and Bar-B-Q previously. The neon signs are probably from when the restaurant opened. The plastic sign is probably from when the place was renamed. There is a Kroll's West location which moved to its present location in 1974. There's nothing special about that building or sign so I have not included it here. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

More Green Bay:
Al's Hamburger Shop
Hotel Northland [map]
Wally's Spot Supper Club [gone]

Hales Corners:
Holz Chevrolet Body Shop

West's Hayward Dairy [gone]
Hayward, WI
West's Hayward Dairy was established in 1951 and the neon sign was believed to be from around then. That sign was refurbished in 2006. The sign on the right was built in the late 1970s. By 2023, the neon sign was replaced with a backlit plastic sign. [map]

Pastika's Sport Shop [gone]
Hayward, WI


Pastika's Sport Shop opened in 1921. These signs are probably from the 1950s. They were repainted sometime after 2009. The neon was also removed from the pole sign. The store closed in 2012. The building was demolished and the signs were removed. They were saved by the nearby Fishing Hall of Fame which plans to display them in the future.

More Hayward:
Turk's Inn (now Brooklyn, NY)

Township Bowl

Bob Smith's
Sports Club [gone]
Hudson, WI
The Corkscrew
Hurley, WI
Silver Dollar
Hurley, WI
Bob Smith's Sports Club opened in 1957 and this sign appeared to be from then. This photo is from 2011. In 2014, the sign was painted over for the Smilin' Moose Lodge and Bar. For more, see this website.

The Corkscrew, a liquor store, features a 24-foot-tall corkscrew as part of its sign. The ladder has been there for years. Does anyone know when the sign was built? [map]

The Silver Dollar Saloon sign might be from the 1950s. [map]

Green Derby Restaurant [vintage; gone]

Badger Motel [gone]
Iron Belt, WI
Cozy Inn
Janesville, WI
The Badger Motel opened in 1940. This sign appeared to be from the 1950s. It probably had neon originally. By 2023, it was replaced with a rectangular, painted panel sign. [map]

The Cozy Inn opened in 1922. This sign might be from the 1940s or so. In 2023, it was announced that the sign would be restored with a $40,000 grant from American Express. For more, see this website. [map]

More Janesville:
Harris Ace Hardware
Redwood Motel
RiversEdge Bowl

The Coffee Pot
Kenosha, WI
Golden Krust Bakery
Kenosha, WI
Oliver's Bakery
Kenosha, WI
The Coffee Pot opened around 1934. This sign is believed to be from then or shortly after that. The sign was removed and stored on the roof sometime around 1978-1982. In 1982, it was restored and reinstalled. The sign is about six feet tall. For more, see this website. [map]

Cardinali's Golden Krust Bakery was established in 1915. This sign is probably from the 1950s. For more, see this website. [map]

Oliver's Bakery was established in the 1930s. This sign appears to be from the 1950s. [map]

Bakalars Sausage Company [gone]
La Crosse, WI
The Bakalars Sausage Company was established in 1935. This sign is from the late 1950s. The company moved to this location in 1962. The first photo is from 2007. In 2011, a tornado damaged the building and nearly knocked the sign to the ground. The second photo is from 2012 when the sign had been taken down for safety and installed in the parking lot. The company moved to a new location 2013. The owner was considering restoring the sign and keeping it inside the office.

More Kenosha:
Holiday Village
Kenosha Glass Service [gone]
Le Esther's Lamp Shop
Yee's Oriental Inn [map]

Evergreen Motel [gone]

WI (page 1) WI (page 3) WI (page 4) WI (page 5) Northern
WI (page 6) Milwaukee

Main Signs Page