email: roadarch@outlook.com

Pennsylvania Car Showrooms & Dealerships (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former showroom
Pittsburgh, PA
Day's Baum Boulevard Dodge (now ALDI)
Pittsburgh, PA
This former showroom in Pittsburgh housed a Radio Shack and a Papa John's Pizza when this photo was taken in 2006. By 2014, the building was occupied by Auto Palace Select and the Gallery on Baum. The building's remaining exterior details include winged wheels, nice upper-level details, and a bricked-up "Service" entrance. The building is appears to be vacant now. It is located on Baum Blvd. which was once Pittsburgh's automobile row. [map]

Day's Baum Boulevard Dodge showroom was built in 1934 as the Chrysler Sales and Service Building. It was designed by Albert Kahn. The corner cylindrical tower, originally floodlit at night, was a recurring element in Kahn's Chrysler designs. From 1957-1958, the building's occupant was Baum-Melwood Edsel. Baum Boulevard was once Pittsburgh's automobile row. This photo is from 2006. In 2012, the building was adapted for an ALDI supermarket. [map]

A.W. Golden Auto
Reading, PA

2005:

2010:
This A.W. Golden Auto dealership was founded in 1919. This building was constructed in 1955. By 2010, several of the signs had been removed. By 2011, the dealership was known as A.W. Golden Saab of Reading. The Cadillac sign was gone. As of 2015, the building still looked the same and the neon rooftop sign remains. The name of the business was changed to A.W. Golden's FasTrack Used Car Sales & Complete Car Care. By 2016, the rooftop sign was gone. In 2019, the lot was fenced off and the building was being remodeled for retail stores. [map]

H&H Chevrolet & Cadillac
Shippensburg, PA
The H&H Chevrolet & Cadillac was established in 1932. These buildings are from the 1930s or 1940s. These photos are from 2012. By 2018, the showroom part of the building shown in the bottom row had been given the modern silver and blue Chevrolet panel treatment. Luckily, the rest of the building was spared. For more, see this website. [map]

former Stumbaugh showroom
Spring Grove, PA
The former Stumbaugh showroom was built in 1921. There was originally a canopy and pumps at the side of the building. The building housed the Marley Gross Ford dealership when these photos were taken in 2007. In 2012, the occupant was Papertown Auto & Cycle Center. The building now houses YoCo Motorsports. [map]

former D. E. Stetler Dodge
York, PA
This D. E. Stetler Dodge dealership was built in 1923. The building has housed the Susan P. Byrnes Health Education Center since 1995. [map]

former showroom
York, PA
This former showroom appears to be from the 1920s. It may have been a Hudson dealership originally. In the 1930s, it was a Nash dealership. The building now houses Junior Achievement's JA BizTown. [map]

More York:
Bill Boring [map]
former White Rose Motors

PA Showrooms
page 1
Car Showrooms
Main Page