Wisconsin Gas Stations (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former station
Marinette, WI
This former station was built around 1933 as a Barnsdall station. The service bay on the left may have been added later. The arched walkway on the right side of the building led to the women's restroom. In the 1940s, it operated as Pete's Skelly station. It later became a Mobil station and then a Domino's Pizza. The building now houses the a pet salon. [map]

former station [gone]
Superior, WI
former station
Luck, WI
This former station in Superior was vacant when these photos were taken in 2011. By 2017, the building was gone.

This former station in Luck appeared to be vacant when this photo was taken in 2011. The building remains vacant. [map]

former Phillips 66 station
Waterford, WI
This former Phillips 66 station shares features with Pure Oil cottage stations. However, it was built as a Phillips 66 station in 1935. It became a Skelly station in 1937. Later, it was a White Flash station. The building housed Uncle Harry's Frozen Custard since 1985. It now houses Noble Brothers Waterford Creamery. [map]

BP station
Osceola, WI
This BP station looks like an oversized Phillips 66 cottage station but it never was. It was an ordinary-looking modern station until it was remodeled to look like this around 2006. [map]

former Phillips 66 station
North Hudson, WI
This former Phillips 66 station was built in 1935. The building now houses Alwin's Auto Repair. [map]

former station
Jefferson, WI
This former station was built in 1935 as a Conoco station. The brand was switched to Standard Oil in 1936. The building on the left was added a few years later. The buildings were painted white until sometime after 2007. In 1970, this became a Shell station. It ceased being a gas station in the late 1980s. These photos are from 2011. [map]

former Standard Oil station [gone]
Janesville, WI
This former Standard Oil station was built in 1930. The building was vacant for a few years in the late 1970s. It became a repair shop in the early 1980s. In 2002, the building was nearly demolished. It is now owned by the city of Janesville. The building was still vacant when these photos were taken in 2011. By 2018, the building had been demolished.

Misc. (page 1)
Misc. (page 2)
Misc. (page 4)
Art Deco
Pure Oil

Gas Stations Main Page