email: roadarch@outlook.com

Louisiana Car Showrooms & Dealerships

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former Ford showroom
Crowley, LA
This former Ford showroom was built around 1920. It is now used as the Crowley City Hall after a $2 million renovation in 2005. The building has "Crowley Motor Co." inscribed at the top. [map]

former Ford showroom
New Iberia, LA
This former Ford showroom has been adapted for retail space and currently houses Allain's Jewelry. Does anyone know the history of this building? [map]

Airline Motors
La Place, LA

2006:

2010:
The Airline Motors building was named for its proximity to the airport. It was built for Airline Chevrolet in 1937. A cafe and service shop opened in 1939 and car sales was gradually phased out. The restaurant remained opened through the early 2000s. In 2003, the building still had its canopy sign. Perhaps it was damaged and removed after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Around 2008, the building's facade and canopy sign were repainted and remodeled. The building housed Debbie's Lounge. By 2016, the building had mostly been repainted white again. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Auto Center
Thibodaux, LA
The Auto Center showroom building appears to be from the 1960s. The interior features hanging globe lights. [map]

Wray-Dickinson Building
Shreveport, LA
The Wray-Dickinson Building was built from 1913-1915 for the Wray-Dickinson Motor Car Co. The company sold Packards, Hudsons, and Fords. In 1969, the company then known as Wray Ford moved to another location. The building housed an architectural firm and a realtor when these photos were taken in 2007. These black and white photos were on display in the lobby. The building now houses a bank. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. For more, see this website. [map]

More Louisiana Showrooms:
former dealership (New Orleans)
former Ford dealership: 1, 2 (Shreveport) [map]

Car Showrooms
Main Page