email: roadarch@outlook.com

Oregon Gas Stations (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former Richfield Beacon station
Grants Pass, OR

former Richfield Beacon station
Eugene, OR
This former Richfield Beacon station in Grants Pass was built in 1929. It was one of many stations built along Highways 99 and 101 in California, Oregon, and Washington. An addition was made to the front of this building which now houses the Beacon Bar & Grill. The 125 foot tower that originally accompanied this building was removed in 1940 for scrap metal. These towers served as beacons for airplane traffic. [map]

This former Richfield Beacon station in Eugene was used as a wedding chapel in recent years. It now houses the Nature Discovery School. [map]

For more, see this website.

former station
Otis, OR
former station
Portland, OR
former Shell station
Ashland, OR
This building in Otis appears to be a former station kiosk. Does anyone know more about it? [map]

This former station in Portland appeared to be overflow parking for an auto repair shop when this photo was taken in 2016. It was probably built in the 1920s or 1930s. [map]

This former Shell station in Ashland has housed Ashland Physical Therapy since at least 2008. The clock conceals where there would have been a Shell sign. For more, see this website. [map]

former Texaco station
Baker City, OR

2008:

2016:
This former Texaco station was built in 1952. The building now houses Black Distributing, a fuel and oil company. These vintage pumps are still in use. By 2012, the building had been painted white, red, and blue. [map]

former Texaco station
La Grande, OR

2008:

2016:
This former Texaco station was built in 1959. The station was restored in 2008 by Father Hank Albrecht. In 2009, this long-closed station began selling gas again from vintage pumps. [map]

former Signal station
Portland, OR
This former Signal station was built in 1939. The station and pumps were restored in 2003 as a tobacco shop. Since 2006, the building has housed Signal Station Pizza. The signs are reproductions. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

former Flying A station
Cottage Grove, OR
former Delco station
Portland, OR
This former Flying A station now houses Jim's Automotive. [map]

This former Delco station has been closed since around 2010. This photo is from 2015. [map]

former Flying A station
Portland, OR

2008:

2015:
This former Flying A station housed Interstate Automotive, a repair shop, when these photos were taken in 2008. In 2014, the building was renovated and housing Associated Antiques & Cafe. By 2015, the building was vacant. There was originally a revolving logo sign on top of the building's wedding cake style tower like this one in Truckee, CA. [map]

former station
Portland, OR

2008:

2015:
This former station was probably a Flying A station originally. It is now used as a Goodwill donation center. The building was repainted sometime between 2011 and 2014. [map]

former station
Portland, OR
This former station now houses J.A. Atwood Corp, a real estate agency. [map]

former station
Portland, OR
This former station has housed Master Muffler for many years. [map]

former Union 76 station
Roseburg, OR
This former Union 76 station now houses Brian's Import Auto. [map]

former station
Salem, OR
This former station now houses State Auto Glass [map]

former station
Silverton, OR
This former station now houses the Silverton Coffee Station. I don't know if the building on the left housed a service area or if it was built later in the same style as the station itself. [map]

Oregon
(page 2)
Gas Stations Main Page