email: roadarch@outlook.com

Arkansas Kress Stores

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Kress
Hot Springs, AR
Kress
Fort Smith, AR
This Kress in Hot Springs was built in 1915. The building has been significantly altered. This Kress store closed in 1985. [map]

The Kress in Fort Smith was designed by Seymour Burrell and built in 1911. In 1939, it was given a new facade by Edward F. Sibbert. The store closed in 1974. These photos are from 2008. Since around 2013, the building has been vacant and the storefront has been boarded up. [map]

Kress
Blytheville, AR
The Blytheville Kress was built in 1938 and operated as a Kress store until 1974. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was renovated in 1996 and became home to the Blytheville Heritage Museum in 1997. The building is also home to "Main Street Blytheville" which was responsible for renovating the Greyhound Bus Station in town. In 2010, the interior of the building was still being worked on. The building now houses the Delta Gateway Museum. [map]

More Arkansas Kress Buildings:
Helena
Pine Bluff: 2 [map]

Main Kress Page Five & Dime Stores
Main Page