email: roadarch@outlook.com

Pennsylvania Art Deco & Streamline Moderne Buildings (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

First National Bank of Leechburg
Leechburg, PA
The First National Bank of Leechburg appears to be from the late 1920s or early 1930s. [map]

Union National Bank of Mahanoy City
Mahanoy City, PA
The Union National Bank of Mahanoy City was built in 1922. This is now an M&T Bank. [map]

Our Lady of Loreto Church
Philadelphia, PA
Market Street National Bank
Philadelphia, PA
The Our Lady of Loreto Church was designed by Petrillo & Nelly and dedicated in 1938. The Art Moderne building features cast stone panels. The tile mural features the Madonna and Child surrounded by putti and aircraft. Our Lady of Loreto is the patron saint of aviation. The church now houses Grace Christian Fellowship. [map]

The Market Street National Bank was built in 1929. The building is now occupied by the Marriott Residence Inn. [map]

Beneficial Savings Bank
Philadelphia, PA
This Beneficial Savings Bank branch opened in 1946. These photos are from 2010. By 2012, the sign had been removed from the roof. The building is still vacant as of 2014. [map]

United States Court House & Post Office
Philadelphia, PA
This combination United States Court House & Post Office building appears to be from the 1930s. [map]

1822 Spring Garden
Philadelphia, PA
The building at 1822 Spring Garden appears to be from the 1930s or 1940s. Does anyone know what was here originally or if it was designed as an apartment building? [map]

Pennsylvania Railroad Suburban Station
Philadelphia, PA

The Pennsylvania Railroad Suburban Station, a commuter rail station, was built in 1929. For more, see this website. [map]

Philadelphia, PA:
Jim's Steaks

Pittsburgh, PA:
Samson's

Scranton, PA:
unidentified building

Allegheny County Airport
West Mifflin, PA
The Allegheny County Airport was built from 1929-1931. Additional wings were added in 1936. [map]

former Moose Lodge
Williamsport, PA
This former Moose Lodge was built in 1940. The Moose Lodge moved out in the 1990s. The building housed the 33 East restaurant from around 2010-2016. The "33" sign above the entrance conceals the original Moose sign. [map]

York, PA:
AAA Building
former Mt. Rose School
Valencia Ballroom
York Telephone & Telegraph Building
York Hospital

Pennsylvania
(page 1)
Art Deco Buildings
Main Page