email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Wisconsin Carousels (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Ella's Deli and Ice Cream Parlor
Madison, WI
This C.W. Parker carousel is from 1927. It stands outside Ella's Deli and Ice Cream Parlor. The carousel originally operated in a park in North Tonawanda, NY for from the 1930s until 1960. When the park closed, it was dismantled and put in storage. Many years later, Ella's bought and restored it. The frame is from Parker while the horses are from several carvers.

Ella's first opened in 1963 at a different location. The restaurant has been here since 1976. There are also animated displays and model trains inside. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Lakeside Park Carousel
Fond du Lac, WI
The Lakeside Park Carousel was built by Allan Herschell in the 1920s. The carousel's original location is unknown. It has been here since sometime after 1955.

WI (page 2) Main Carousels Page

copyright: all photos contained at this website are copyrighted and may be used only with consent

RoadsideArchitecture.com