email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Pennsylvania Carousels (page 1)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Grand Carousel
Elysburg, PA
The Grand Carousel was carved by George Carmel around 1913. It was originally at an amusement park in Rahway, NJ. In 1941, it was brought here to Knoebels Amusement Park. There are four rows of horses, three chariots, and an operating brass ring machine. The ring dispenser contains countless rings but only one is brass which entitles the recipient to a free ride. There are only about a dozen of brass ring machines left in the country. There are several organs including a Frati, a Gebrüder, and a Wurlitzer. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2.

PA (page 2) PA (page 3) PA (page 4)
Main Carousels Page

copyright: all photos contained at this website are copyrighted and may be used only with consent

RoadsideArchitecture.com