email: roadarch@outlook.com

Washington Greyhound Bus Stations

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Greyhound station [gone]
Seattle, WA
2008: 2015:
This Greyhound station was built in 1927 for North Coast Lines. The building was remodeled in the 1960s. The station was still in use in 2014. By 2015, the neon sign had been removed and the plastic sign had been painted over. The property was surrounded with chain link fencing. The building was demolished later that year. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2.

former Greyhound station
Spokane, WA
This Greyhound station was built in 1947. It closed in the mid-1990s. The building is now used for storage. [map]

Greyhound station
Olympia, WA
This Greyhound station was built in 1937 by North Coast Lines. It was designed by L.B. Barthomew. There was originally a neon sign tower on the roof. In 1949, North Coast changed its name to North Coast Greyhound. The North Coast name was dropped in 1950. There was talk of Greyhound moving in 2002 and this building is on the Washington Trust's Most Endangered List. There has been talk of demolishing the building, moving it, or incorporating it into a new structure. However, Greyhound and the building are still there as of 2016. [map]

simulated Greyhound station
Pomeroy, WA
This building is probably from the late 1940s or early 1950s. It has been dressed up with neon signs and light blue paint as a simulated Greyhound station. The building now houses the private collection of neon signs and residence of David Webb. The neon signs on the building were added by him. Many of his other vintage signs are displayed around town. The building was painted beige in 2007. The Greyhound sign came from Boise, ID, the Pacific Greyhound Lines sign came from Napa, CA, and the 49 Club sign came from Dallas, TX. [map]

Main Bus Station Page