email: roadarch@outlook.com

Ohio Greyhound Bus Stations

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Greyhound Station [gone]
Cincinnati, OH
Greyhound Station [gone]
Portsmouth, OH
The Cincinnati station was designed by Arrasmith and built from 1941-1942. It was faced with Indiana limestone and had black terra cotta trim. The interior featured terrazzo floors, a restaurant, barber shop and drug store. Many aspects of the building's design were used later in the Cleveland station (see below). The building has been demolished.

The Portsmouth station was designed by George D. Brown and built in 1941. It was demolished in 2008. It was last used as some sort of storage facility for a charity organization. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2.

Greyhound Station [gone]
Dayton, OH
Greyhound Station [gone]
Akron, OH
The Dayton station was designed by Arrasmith and opened in 1940. It featured a large restaurant and an unusually large pylon exterior sign. The building has been demolished.

The Akron station was designed by Arrasmith and built in 1949. It was faced with buff-colored brick. The interior featured a Post House cafeteria and terrazzo floors. This was the first and only Greyhound station that featured access to rail service under the same roof. This building was also the first departure from the streamline style to a more modern look. This building was demolished in 1990.

Greyhound Station [gone]
Toledo, OH
The Toledo station appears to be from the 1940s. Sometime between 1948 and 1956, Greyhound moved to a new location and Trailways moved into this building. The building has been demolished.

Greyhound Station
Cleveland, OH
The Cleveland station was designed by Arrasmith and built in 1948. It was faced with Indiana limestone. The interior featured a drug store, smoke shop, and 24-hour 180-seat restaurant. In 2000, $5 million was spent to restore the 40,000 square foot building. It would've been cheaper to build a new station but Greyhound was committed to saving it. It is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As part of the restoration, the second floor was converted to a 19-room dormitory for bus drivers and the restaurant was moved from the front to the eastern section of the building. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Greyhound Station
Columbus, OH
This Columbus station has a dramatic huge pole sign and an unusual building. It was built in 1969, replacing the Streamline Moderne station across the street which was demolished. These photos are from 2005. The sign is gone now. However, I believe the building is still operating as a Greyhound station. [map]

More Ohio Greyhound Bus Stations:
Columbus [gone; Arrasmith, 1940; does anyone have postcards or photos?]
Lima (gone; Arrasmith, 1949; anyone with postcards or photos?)

Main Bus Station Page