email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Maryland Greyhound Bus Stations

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

former Greyhound Station
Baltimore, MD
The Baltimore station was designed by Arrasmith and built in 1942. The building was faced with white limestone and features terrazzo floors. At one point, it served as a bank. The Greyhound inlay survives in the sidewalk at the Center St. entrance. Since 1997, the building has been owned by the Maryland Historical Society. It houses offices for State agencies, including the Maryland State Arts Council. The former station's running dog rooftop sign is just around the corner on the roof of the Maryland Historical Society. For more, see this website. [map]


former Greyhound station
Hagerstown, MD
The Hagerstown station was built around 1950. The blue and white vitrolite fašade reflects the color scheme of the original occupant: the Potomac Motor Lines Company which had a fleet of about a dozen white buses. Shortly after the station was built, it was taken over by Blue Ridge Lines. Around 1954, the building changed hands again to Greyhound. The building housed the Washington Spy restaurant from around 1998-2004. By 2006, VIP Mobility had taken over the building. Since 2010, the occupant has been the Award Beauty School. [map]

Main Page

copyright: all photos contained at this website are copyrighted and may be used only with consent

RoadsideArchitecture.com