email: roadarch@outlook.com

Florida Movie Theatres (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Lincoln Theatre
Miami Beach, FL
The Lincoln Theatre was designed by Thomas Lamb with Robert Collins and opened in 1936. It closed in the early 1980s. In 1988, the theatre was leased to the New World Symphony. The NWS bought the building in 1990. Around 2012, the building began housing an H&M clothing store. For more, see this website. [map]

Cameo Theatre
Miami Beach, FL
The Cameo Theatre was designed by Robert Collins and opened in 1938. The theater later became a dance club. It now houses the Cameo Nightclub. For more, see this website. [map]

Colony Theatre
Miami Beach, FL
The Colony Theatre opened in 1935. In 1976, it became a performing arts venue. The building is now owned by the City of Miami Beach. The theatre is used for live performances and film festivals. For more, see this website. [map]

Roosevelt Theatre
Miami Beach, FL
The Roosevelt Theatre opened in 1949. The building has been vacant since around 2006. For more, see this website. [map]

Marion Theatre
Ocala, FL
The Marion Theatre opened in 1941. It closed in the mid-1970s and remained vacant until it was donated to the City in 1986. The theatre is now used for live performances and movies. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Plaza Theatre
Orlando, FL
Prince Theatre
Pahokee, FL
The Plaza Theatre was built in 1963 as a two-screen movie theatre. In 1992, it became the Dove Family Entertainment Theatre with Christian-themed shows. In 2002, the building was renovated from 2002-2003 and became a performance venue. Since 2017, the building has housed the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra. For more, see this website. [map]

The Prince Theatre opened in 1931. In 1940, it was rebuilt. The theatre closed in the mid-1960s. The city took over the building in 1976 and it reopened in 1980. It closed just a few years later and was then damaged by a storm in 2008. The building remains vacant. For more, see this website. [map]

Martin Theatre
Panama City, FL

2010:

2019:
2021:
The Martin Theatre opened in 1936 as the Ritz Theatre. There was a big blade sign above the marquee then. The theatre was renamed in the early 1950s. It closed in 1978. In the early 1980s, the theatre housed a shooting gallery. In 1987, the Panama City Downtown Improvement Organization purchased the theatre and renovated it. It reopened in 1990 as a performing arts theatre. The theatre was damaged in Hurricane Michael in 2018. The roof caved in and walls were taken out. While renovations are going on, performances are taking place at the Center for the Arts across the street. In 2020, the neon sign was repaired and altered. There are now graphic displays instead of readerboards. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Florida
page 1
Florida
page 2
Florida
page 4
Theatres
Main Page