email: roadarch@outlook.com

Wyoming Signs (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

North Fork Anglers
Cody, WY
Irma Hotel and Grill
Cody, WY
North Fork Anglers, a fly fishing store, opened in 1984. This sign appears to be from then or after that. [map]

The Irma Hotel was built in 1902. The projecting sign was there by 1961. The rooftop sign was added later sometime after 1963. For more, see this website. [map]

Cassie's Supper Club
Cody, WY
Cassie's Supper Club opened in 1922. The cowboy sign is supposedly from the 1940s. It appears to either a replica sign or a thoroughly refurbished original. The neon letters appears to be modern. The sign with the parrot is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. For more, see this website. [map]

More Cody Signs:
Royal Palace [gone]

Foothills Motel
Dayton, WY
Double D Liquor
Douglas, WY
College Inn Bar
Douglas, WY
The Foothills Motel sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. The motel may have gone by another name originally. [map]

The Double D Liquor sign is installed over the back entrance. It appears to be made of wood and that his arms moved up and down. The bar opened in 1955. This sign might be from the 1960s or later. [map]

The College Inn Bar opened in 1906 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. I don't know when the neon was added to the entrance. [map]

Hotel La Bonte
Douglas, WY
The Hotel La Bonte was built in 1913. The rooftop sign was there by the 1930s. The projecting sign was there in the 1940s. [map]

Rustic Pine Tavern
Dubois, WY
2012: 2022:
The Rustic Pine Tavern was established in 1917. This sign might be from the 1950s. For more, see this website. [map]

More Dubois Signs:
Trail's End Motel
Welty's General Store [map]

Evanston Signs:
City Drug

Arrowhead Motel [gone]
Gillette, WY
2012: 2022:
The Arrowhead Motel was built in 1964 and this sign appears to be from then. This photo is from 2012. By 2014, the neon had been removed and the sign painted brown. A vinyl sign was tacked onto the panels. By 2018, the projecting arrowheads had been removed. It is now just a plastic box sign. The arrowheads are now displayed at the Frontier Auto Museum (see below).

Frontier Auto Museum
Gillette, WY
The Frontier Auto Museum displays the collection of Jeff Wandler. In addition to signs, there are cars, gas pump globes, and other items. The museum opened in 2016. For more, see this video. [map]

In the first row of photos above, the Chisholm's Jewelry sign came from Lander, WY. The Cowboy Clothier sign came from Greybull, WY. The Wyoming Motel sign came from Gillette.

The boot sign in the first photo of the second row above came from Spokane, WA. It originally advertised for Western Wear but has been turned into a welcome sign. In 2022, neon was added to the sign.

WY (page 1) WY (page 3) WY (page 4) WY (page 5) Main Signs Page