email: roadarch@outlook.com

Mississippi Car Showrooms & Dealerships

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Kees Motor Co.
Brookhaven, MS
The Kees Motor Co. dealership building was built around 1920. The building was expanded around 1940. [map]

former Ford dealership
Bude, MS
The former Ford dealership building appears to be from the 1910s or 1920s. The building was gutted by 2009 and appears to still be vacant. [map]

Harreld Chevrolet
Canton, MS
Harreld Chevrolet opened in 1932 and remained in operation until around 2017. In 2019, just before these photos were taken, the building began housing Delta Auto. The Harreld signs remain. [map]

former Buick dealership
Corinth, MS
This former Buick dealership was built in 1943. [map]

Central Service Grill
Eupora, MS
The Central Service Grill was originally Central Service Ford. The dealership closed in the late 1980s and the restaurant opened in 2000. [map]

England Motor Co.
Greenville, MS

2007:

2019:
The England Motor Co. has been around since 1928. This building is from 1949 and it has always been England Motor Co. By 2013, England appeared to be gone. The letters on the building were gone and the vinyl canopy was missing. By 2016, the building was housing a loan office. By 2018, the building was vacant. [map]

Liston P. Durden Building
Greenwood, MS
The Liston P. Durden Building was built around 1920. E. K. Myrick was the first Ford dealer in Mississippi and he had at least five other garages other cities including Winona (shown below). Since around 2002, the building has housed the Viking Training Center which has a demonstration kitche for Viking Range appliances. For more, see this website. [map]

E.K. Myrick Building
Winona, MS
The E.K. Myrick Building was built around 1930. The building now houses the Montgomery County Arts Council which hosts live performances in the space. [map]

West Point Motor Car Co.
West Point, MS
The West Point Motor Car Co. operated out of this building by 1920. It housed Gibson's Barber & Beauty College when this photo was taken in 2010. By 2016, the building was housing Sunnyside Antiques. [map]

Aubert Motor Car Co.
West Point, MS
The Aubert Motor Car Co. was built in 1929 as a Dodge Brothers Motor Car dealership. In 1947, Pringle Motors bought the building and sold Dodge, Chrysler, and Plymouth automobiles. Pringle closed in the 1960s. The building was restored after it was damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. It now houses a law office and apartments. [map]

Car Showrooms
Main Page