email: roadarch@outlook.com

Idaho Art Deco & Streamline Moderne Buildings (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Smith's Dairy Products
Buhl, ID
2008: 2022:
The Smith's Dairy Products building appears to be from the 1940s. By 2012, the Smith's sign had been removed. The building now houses the Cloverleaf Creamery. [map]

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Idaho Falls, ID
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was designed by John Fetzer, Sr. and built from 1939-1940. It was originally known as the Idaho Falls Temple. It is now known as the Idaho Falls Idaho Temple. For more, see this website. [map]

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Idaho Falls, ID
5th Ward Meeting House of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was designed by Sundberg & Sundberg and built from 1937-1942. For more, see this website. [map]

Idaho Falls:
Rowles-Mack Co. Building

Jerome County Courthouse
Jerome, ID
The Jerome County Courthouse was designed by Sundberg & Sundberg and built from 1938-1939. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. [map]

Bear Lake Middle School
Montpelier, ID
The Bear Lake Middle School was built in 1937. [map]

Administration Building
Pocatello, ID
The Administration Building at Idaho State University was designed by Frank G. Paradise and Henry J. Hulvey. It was built in 1939 as the Student Union Building. [map]

Rigby:
Jefferson County Courthouse [gone]

Ryan Hotel
Wallace, ID
Tabor's Building
Wallace, ID
The Ryan Hotel was built in 1903 as a residence for miners. The Tabor's Building next door, a wooden structure at that time, burned down in 1933. The Tabor's store was rebuilt and a neon sign was installed on the corner. The Ryan Hotel was remodeled at the same time. Tabor's started as a stationery store but expanded over the years, adding office and photographic supplies, engineering equipment, home appliances, paint and wallpaper, etc. I can't find any info about the building serving as the Civic Center Building. That name might have been added to the building later. [map]

KWEI Radio Station
Weiser, ID
The KWEI Radio Station building was built in 1947. It originally housed a country western radio station. It now houses a Spanish-speaking station. [map]

Idaho Art Deco
(page 2)
Art Deco Buildings
Main Page