email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Dallas & Fort Worth Movie Theatres

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Village Theatre
Dallas, TX
Majestic Theatre
Dallas, TX
The Village Theatre opened in 1935 in the Highland Park Shopping Village. The interior was gutted in 1986 but remained a theatre. It closed in 2009 for renovation and reopened in 2010. For more, see this website. [map]

The Majestic Theatre was designed by John Eberson. It opened in 1921 and closed in 1973. In 1983, the theatre reopened as a performing arts venue. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Texas Theatre
Dallas, TX
The Texas Theatre opened in 1931 and was remodeled in 1965. It is best known as the place where Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested after assassinating President John F. Kennedy in 1963. The theatre closed in 1989. In 1991, the exterior was remodeled for the movie "JFK". In 2010, the theatre was restored and reopened. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Lakewood Theater
Dallas, TX
The Lakewood Theater was built in 1938. The marquee tower is 100 feet tall. This is Dallas' sole remaining single-screen theater. It offers movies as well as live performances. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

former Circle Theatre
Dallas, TX
The former Circle Theatre was built in 1947. In recent years, it was used as a bingo hall with the tower's letters changed to "BINGO". From 2010-2011, the building housed the Baby O Tejano Club. By 2012, the building had been repainted red and the blade sign had been changed to read "Carnaval." By 2016, the sign had been changed again to Stereo Live, the new name of the nightclub. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4. [map]

Columbia Theatre
Dallas, TX
Casa Linda Theatre
Dallas, TX
The Columbia Theatre opened around 1950. It was later renamed the Avenue Theatre and the Guild Theatre. The building now houses a pawn shop. For more, see this website. [map]

The Casa Linda Theatre opened in 1945 as an integrated part of a shopping center. It opened as a single screen but was twinned in the early 1970s. Around 1986, a third screen was added. The theatre closed in 1999. It remained vacant until 2011 when it was remodeled as a grocery store. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4. [map]

Inwood Theatre
Dallas, TX
The Inwood Theatre opened in 1947. It suffered a major fire in 1980 but reopened in 1981. In 1984, it was purchased and restored by the Landmark chain. The theatre now has three screens. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Kessler Theatre
Dallas, TX
Granada Theatre
Dallas, TX
The Kessler Theatre opened in 1942. It closed in the 1950s and was taken over by a church. In 1957, a tornado damaged the auditorium. Then, in 1962, there was a fire. Renovation work began in 2009. In 2010, the theatre reopened as a live performance venue. For more, see this website. [map]

The Granada Theatre opened in 1946. It closed around 2001. The seats were removed and replaced with tables and chairs. The space is now used as a concert venue. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Forest Theatre
Dallas, TX
The Forest Theatre opened around 1948 and closed in the late 1960s. In 1968, the building housed a nightclub called the "Central Forest". The club closed in the 1970s. The building remained vacant until 2004 when it reopened as another nightclub, the "Black Forest Theatre". In 2006, the building housed a church. By 2010, it housed a health clinic. By 2014, the theatre appeared to be vacant. For more, see this website. [map]

More Dallas Theatres:
Arcadia Theatre: 1, 2 [gone]

Azle Theatre
Fort Worth, TX
New Isis Theatre
Fort Worth, TX
The Azle Theatre was built in 1931. It was converted into a skating rink in 1971. It was later used as a church. It has been vacant for many years now. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

The New Isis Theatre was built in 1913. It was rebuilt in 1936 as the "New Isis" after a devastating fire. The theatre closed in 1988 and has been vacant since then. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Bowie Theatre
Fort Worth, TX
Ridglea Theatre
Fort Worth, TX
The Bowie Theatre was built in 1940. In 1985, the exterior was restored and the building was converted into a Camp Bowie National Bank branch. It is now a Frost Bank branch. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

The Ridglea Theatre opened in 1953. It became a concert venue in 1999. It was closed and being renovated when this photo was taken in 2011. It reopened in 2012 as a music venue. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4. [map]

Rose Marine Theatre
Fort Worth, TX
The Rose Marine Theatre was built in 1918 as the Rose Theatre. It was renovated in 2000 and is now used as a performing arts venue. The blade sign is a replica of the original. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

More Fort Worth Theatres:
Casa Manana Theatre (Fort Worth)

TX (page 1) TX (page 2) TX (page 3) TX (page 4) TX (page 5) TX (page 6)
TX (page 7) TX (page 8) TX (page 9) TX (page 10) TX (page 11)

Theatres
Main Page