email: roadarch@outlook.com

Ohio Movie Theatres (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Cinema North 1-5
Dayton, OH
Chakeres Kettering Cinema
Kettering, OH
The Cinema North 1-5 was built in 1967 as the Fox North. It was renamed the Cinema North in 1975. It has been vacant since 1998. For more, see this website. [map]

The Chakeres Kettering Cinema 1 & 2 opened in 1966 as the Fox Kettering. It was the twin of the Fox North. This theatre closed in 2006 and remained vacant until a church bought the building in 2013. There is also a former theatre the St. Louis, MO which might have been designed by the same architect. There was also the Valley Circle Theatre in San Diego, CA which is gone now but appeared to be a match for this building design. For more, see this website. [map]

Fairborn Theatre
Fairborn, OH
The Fairborn Theatre opened in 1948. It was twinned in the early 1970s and closed in 1999. It has been vacant since then. For more, see this website. [map]

Paramount Theatre
Fremont, OH
The Paramount Theatre appears to be from the 1920s or 1930s. Does anyone have an exact date? It was originally a single screen but now has four separate auditoriums. For more, see this website. [map]

Galion Theatre
Galion, OH
The Galion Theatre opened in 1949. In 1993, it was taken over by The Galion Community Theater Group which offers live performances. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Colony Theatre
Gallipolis, OH
Ro-Na Theatre
Ironton, OH
I don't know when the Colony Theatre was built but it was open until at least the mid-1980s. The theatre closed sometime after that and the interior has been gutted. For more, see this website. [map]

The Ro-Na Theatre opened in 1949 and closed in the 1970s. More recently, it was used as an auto parts store before being abandoned in the 1980s. The theatre is now being restored. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Hillsboro:
Colony Theatre: 1, 2

Elder Theatre
Jackson Center, OH
Palace Theatre
Marion, OH
The Elder Theatre opened in 1942 and has been in continuous operation except for a brief closing in 1981. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

The Palace Theatre was designed by John Eberson in 1928. In 1976, it was saved by the community from demolition. This atmospheric theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Today, it operates as a non-profit theatre. A Wurlitzer organ was installed in 1976. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Kenton:
Kenton Theatre

Lincoln Theatre
Massillon, OH
The Lincoln Theatre opened in 1915 as a movie house. In 1938, the marquee was updated to the Art Deco style. The current marquee is a replica of it. The theatre closed in 1975. In 1982, it was saved from demolition by the Lions Club which continues to operate the theatre. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Maumee Theatre
Maumee, OH
The Maumee Theatre was built in 1946 and closed in 1996. It remained vacant until it was saved by the city and received a $3 million restoration, completed in 2004. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Ohio (page 1) Ohio (page 3) Theatres
Main Page