email: roadarch@outlook.com
Loading

Michigan Movie Theatres (page 3)

Ionia Theatre
Ionia, MI
The Ionia Theatre opened in 1931 and closed in the late 1970s. It was restored and reopened in 1984. The theatre features movies and live performances. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4. [map]

Braumart Theatre
Iron Mountain, MI
The Braumart Theatre was designed by Herbst & Kuenzli and built in 1924. The theatre was used in recent years as a performing arts center. However, it appeared to be vacant when these photos were taken in 2011. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Ironwood Theatre
Ironwood, MI
The Ironwood Theatre opened in 1928 and closed in 1982 and was donated to the City of Ironwood. Since then, the theatre has been restored and reopened as a performing arts center. The Barton Organ which has been here since 1928 was also restored. The building is listed on the the National Register of Historic Places. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Butler Theatre
Ishpeming, MI
The Butler Theatre was designed by Charlton & Kuenzli and built in 1915. It was remodeled in the late 1930s. The theatre closed in 1996. The building recently housed the Butler Theater Antique Mall. When these photos were taken in 2011, it was being used as a combination coffee shop and used book store. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Michigan Theatre
Jackson, MI
State Theatre
Kalamazoo, MI
The Michigan Theatre was designed by Maurice Finkel and built in 1930. It featured vaudeville and movies. The theatre closed in 1978. It was restored from 1993-2009. The current marquee and blade sign were built during that time. The theatre now features movies as well as live performances. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

The State Theatre is an atmospheric theatre designed by John Eberson. It opened in 1927 and was renovated in 1964. The marquee was replaced at that time. The theatre closed in 1982. In 1985, the theatre was restored. It is now a live performance venue. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4. [map]

Michigan Theatre
Lansing, MI
The Michigan Theatre was designed by John Eberson and opened in 1920. It was originally named The Strand Theater and Arcade and served as a vaudeville house. In 1941, the theatre was remodeled and renamed the Michigan Theatre. The theatre closed in 1970 and remained vacant until 1983. The front part of the building was converted into office and retail space now known as the Atrium Center. The auditorium was demolished. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

PIX Theatre
Lapeer, MI
Park Theatre
Lincoln Park, MI
The PIX Theatre opened in 1941. It is now used as a performing arts venue. The marquee was repainted just after this photo was taken in 2011. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4. [map]

The Park Theatre was designed by C. Howard Crane and opened in 1925 as the Lincoln Park Theatre. It was remodeled in the early 1940s by Charles N. Agree and was renamed the Park Theatre. In the 1970s, it became an adult movie house. In 2009, there were plans to redevelop the building into retail space and apartments. However, in 2011 when this photo was taken, the building was still vacant. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Vogue Theatre
Manistee, MI
Delft Theatre
Marquette, MI
The Vogue Theatre opened in 1938 and closed in 2005. Fundraising is underway to restore and reopen the theatre. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

The Delft Theatre opened in 1914. Despite the blank marquee in this 2011 photo, the theatre was still in operation as the Carmike Delft 5. In 2014, the building was being converted into a dinner theatre known as The Delft. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Monroe Theatre
Monroe, MI
Rex Theatre
Morenci, MI
The Monroe Theatre was built in 1938. The theatre closed in 1975. In 1988, the River Raisin Centre for the Arts (RRCA) began working towards the restoration of the theatre. The theatre is now used as a performing arts center. The blade sign is modern based loosely on the design of the original sign. The facade's green panels are also new. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

The Rex Theatre was built in 1916 as the Gem Theatre. It is still in operation. For more, see this website. [map]

Ward Theatre
Mount Pleasant, MI
The Ward Theatre was built in 1937. The building has housed the Grace Church since 2000. The marquee is still lit at night. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Broadway Theatre
Mount Pleasant, MI
The Broadway Theatre opened in 1920 and operated until at least the 1980s. The theatre is now used for concerts and plays. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

MI (page 1) MI (page 2) MI (page 4) MI (page 5) Detroit

Theatres
Main Page