email: roadarch@outlook.com

Washington Signs (page 3)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Skyway Towing
Renton, WA
Bell Furniture
Richland, WA
Skyway Towing was established in 1960. This sign may be from then. [map]

Bell Furniture opened in 1948. These signs are probably from then or shortly after that. [map]

Malley's Pharmacy
Richland, WA
Ray's Golden Lion Restaurant
Richland, WA
This Malley's Pharmacy sign was probably built for Johnson's Drug which preceded Malley's at this location. The sign appears to be from the 1950s. [map]

Ray's Golden Lion Restaurant opened in 1950 and this sign appears to be from then. [map]

Lee's Tahitian
Richland, WA
Lee's Tahitian is also located in the Uptown Shopping Center. The restaurant opened in 1952 as Vina's Tahitian. The neon on the building and the palm tree sign is from then. The other neon sign was probably added later in the 1950s. The restaurant became Lee's Tahitian in 1976. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

Pastime
Sports Center
Ritzville, WA
welcome sign
Ritzville, WA
The Pastime Sports Center opened as a bar in the 1940s. This sign is from then. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

This welcome sign was built in 1941. It had been in storage for decades. In 2012, the sign was restored and reinstalled. For more, see this website. [map]

More Ritzville Signs:
Whispering Palms Restaurant

Roslyn Cafe
Roslyn, WA
The Roslyn Cafe sign is an adapted Philco Appliances sign. The backlit laurel leaves on the sides of these signs make them unique. [map]

SeaTac Signs:
Pancake Chef

Cascade Pizza
Sedro-Woolley, WA
Fairweather Lanes [gone]
Sedro-Woolley, WA
Cascade Pizza opened in 1975. This sign looks older than that and may have been adapted from a previous business. [map]

The Fairweather Lanes was originally known as the Sedro-Woolley Bowling Center. The bowling alley closed around 2005. This photo is from 2008. In 2012, the business was renamed the Community Bowling Center. However, by 2015, the business had closed. The sign is gone.

Masonic Temple
Sedro-Woolley, WA
2008: 2015:
This Masonic Temple sign is probably from the 1950s. It was originally installed on top of the roof. By 2012, the sign had been restored and installed on the side of the building. [map]

T&T Lounge
Selah, WA
Ming Tree Cafe
Shelton, WA
Shelton Inn Motel
Shelton, WA
P.U.D. No. 1
Shelton, WA
The T&T Lounge sign appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s. [map]

The Ming Tree Cafe opened in 1952. This sign may be from then or possibly the 1960s. [map]

The Shelton Inn Motel was built in the 1960s as the Timbers Motel. One of the two neon pine trees from the pole sign was saved and moved over the office. [map]

P.U.D. No. 1 was established in 1934 as the first Public Utility District in Washington State. This sign might be from the 1950s. For more, see this website. [map]

Maltby Cafe & Gift Shops
Snohomish, WA
The exterior and grounds of the Maltby Cafe & Gift Shops are decorated with many signs owned by Ron Nardone. Nardone has a vast personal collection focused primarily on gasoline-related signs. Colonel Sanders weathervanes are extremely rare. The only others that I know of are in Gilt Edge, TN and at the Kentucky Fried Chicken Museum in Corbin, KY. These signs were installed on the cupolas of their buildings in the 1970s. For more, see this website. [map]

Viking Restaurant
Stanwood, WA
Hamilton Lumber
Stanwood, WA
The Viking Restaurant sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. For more, see this website. [map]

The Hamilton Lumber sign appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s.

WA (page 1) WA (page 2) WA (page 4) Seattle Spokane Yakima

Main Signs Page