email: roadarch@outlook.com

Oregon Signs (page 4)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Prineville Men's Wear
Prineville, OR
Simmons Realty
Prineville, OR
New Redmond
Hotel
Redmond, OR
Prineville Men's Wear was established in 1950. This sign appears to be from then. [map]

Simmons Realty was also established in 1950. This sign may be from then. The office has moved several times. It has been at this location since 2008. This photo is from 2016. [map]

The New Redmond Hotel was built in 1928 after the original Redmond Hotel was destroyed by a fire. This sign was installed then. Most likely, the words "New" and "Redmond" originally had opal glass letters In 2010, the sign was painted brown and gold. This photo is from 2016. For more, see this website. [map]

More Redmond:
Cent-Wise Drug Store [gone]

Handyman Hardware
Roseburg, OR
Casa Loma
Motel [gone]
Roseburg, OR
Pete's Drive-in
Roseburg, OR
Anderson Place Market [gone]
Roseburg, OR
Harvard Avenue Drugs
Roseburg, OR
Handyman Hardware features this Sherwin-Williams paint sign. I believe this is a contemporary sign. This photo from Boston, MA shows a Sherwin-Williams vintage sign. [map]

This photo of the Casa Loma Motel was taken in 2008. It was still there in 2012 but gone by 2015. The motel is now known as the Roseburg Inn.

Pete's Drive-in opened in 1964. This sign appears to be from then. [map]

The Anderson Place Market sign appeared to be from the 1950s. This photo is from 2008. It was still there in 2012 but gone by 2015. The store is still there.

Harvard Avenue Drugs opened in 1959. This sign is most likely from then. There are chasing bulbs between the beaker and the mortar and pestle. [map]

Johnwell Upholstery
Roseburg, OR
Johnwell Upholstery was established in 1947. This sign is probably from then. [map]

Jackson Jewelers
Salem, OR
Fitts Seafood
Salem, OR
Jackson Jewelers opened in 1944. This sign may be from then. For more, see this website. [map]

Fitts Seafood was established in Salem in 1901. When the store moved, this sign was brought along. [map]

Oregon Glove Co.
Salem, OR

2008:

2015:
The Oregon Glove Co. was established at this location in 1948. In 2008, one side of the sign was much more faded. By 2012, both sides of the sign had been repainted. The painted letters and border detail are now gone. [map]

Bell Buoy Crab Company
Seaside, OR
2008: 2016:
The Bell Buoy Crab Company has been here since 1946. This sign is probably from the 1950s or 1960s. It was repainted in 2013. [map]

Springfield Cleaners
Springfield, OR
Holiday Coin Laundromat
Springfield, OR

Springfield Cleaners was established around 1915 as Sasser's Cleaners. In 1964, the business became Springfield Cleaners. This sign is probably from then. For more, see this website. [map]

The Holiday Coin Laundromat's rooftop sign appears to be from the 1950s or 1960s. For more, see this website. [map]

Dalles Recreation Center
The Dalles, OR
2008: 2016:
The Dalles Recreation Center housed the Columbia Recreation Lanes and the Panda restaurant. The plastic signs next to the arrow originally read "Cafe". The arrow was probably added in the 1960s. Sometime between 2012 and 2014, the plastic signs were removed. There are plans to demolish this building and replace it with a Hilton Hotel. For more, see this website. [map]

Oregon Motor Motel
The Dalles, OR

2008:

2015 and 2016:
The Oregon Motor Motel was built in 1947. The neon signs were probably built in the 1950s. They were repainted sometime after 2012. The plastic signs appear to be from the 1960s. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, 3, and 4. [map]

The Barbecue
The Dalles, OR
Wasco Masonic Lodge
The Dalles, OR
The Barbecue sign appears to be from the 1950s. [map]

The Wasco Masonic Lodge sign might be from the 1950s. For more, see this website. [map]

Pioneer Electric Co.
The Dalles, OR
The Pioneer Electric Co. store opened around 1946 and is still in business. These Hotpoint Appliances signs are probably from the 1960s. The Independent Order of Odd Fellows sign appears to be from the 1940s or 1950s. [map]

Tad's Chicken 'n Dumplins
Troutdale, OR
Columbia Harvest Foods
Umatilla, OR
Tad's Chicken 'n Dumplins opened in the late 1920s as a roadhouse. In the 1930s, it was known at the Tap Pot Inn. In the 1940s, the restaurant was moved to its current location and the name was changed to Tad's Chicken 'n Dumplins. This sign was built then. [map]

The cowboy sign in front of Columbia Harvest Foods was built in 1954. It is about 20 feet tall. The sign was moved from a different location in town in 1960. At that time, the supermarket was known as Stewart's Market. The sign is made of plywood panels and a steel frame. In 1992, plastic panels were added. The face's John Wayne appearance is more recent. For more, see this website. [map]

Oregon (page 1) Oregon (page 2) Oregon (page 3) Portland

Main Signs Page