email: roadarch@outlook.com

Washington Car Showrooms & Dealerships (page 2)

(hit "refresh" to get the most recent version of this page; click on photos for larger images)

Ford McKay Building
Seattle, WA

2008:

2015:
The Ford McKay Building was built in 1922. This building and the Pacific McKay Building described below were vacant and endangered for many years. The buildings were demolished in 2009 for road widening. Before the demolition, the facades were preserved and removed. They were reinstalled on the new building which replaced them. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Pacific McKay Building
Seattle, WA

2008:

2015:
The Pacific McKay Building was adjacent to the Ford McKay Building described above. It was built in 1925 and originally displayed luxury Lincoln automobiles. There was a Lincoln-Mercury neon and bulb sign on the roof which was removed in 2003. The Pacific McKay Building was demolished in 2009 for road widening. However, the facade and parts of the interior were saved. They have been incorporated into the new development. For more, see these websites: 1, 2, and 3. [map]

former Savidge Plymouth & Dodge
Seattle, WA
The Savidge Plymouth & Dodge dealership was designed by Naramore, Bain, Brady, & Johanson. It was built from 1947-1948. The dealership operated here until the late 1970s. The City acquired the building in the early 1980s for use as a library for the blind. Since 1983, the building has housed the Washington Talking Book & Braille Library. The original car turntable is still there under the carpeting. For more, see these websites: 1 and 2. [map]

Westlund Buick Pontiac GMC Truck
Seattle, WA
2008: 2015:
The Westlund Buick Pontiac GMC Truck showroom was built in the late 1960s for Bud Meadows Pontiac. By 2014, the building was housing First National Fleet & Lease. [map]

More Seattle Showrooms:
Frank Hawkins Buick-Opel [gone]
University Chevrolet [map]

WA
page 1
Car Showrooms
Main Page